Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Buying Happiness

Well I told you yesterday that I made a card for the color challenge Stef posted on Card Universe and here it is


(click to enlarge)

This card was also one I made to fit the Featured Stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. The featured stamper's gallery was a great one. The card I chose to CASE can be seen here

I used the High Heel image from Squigglefly and printed it out three times. I colored each shoe in one of the colors that Stef chose for her challenge. Here are the markers I used





The sentiment was printed out on my computer and I used four little pearls instead of the glitter Stef wanted. Lots of piercing on this card, but it really does add a lot to the overall design I think. That's what I love about CASING cards, because I wouldn't have gone to the trouble to do all that piercing if I had made this card on my own. There were so many great cards in the gallery of the featured stamper that I CASED another one, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it. Tomorrow I have a lot of cards to show you, and it's card give away day so the winner will get to choose which one they want!

There's still time to play in the color challenge, so I hope you'll give it a try! One more thing I'd like to mention to you today is if you have some time, swing over and take a look at a new blogger's blog here. You know how it is when you first start blogging; it's nice to feel there are actually people coming to look at what you're posting! She does some beautiful work, you'll be inspired and leave her a comment and everyone will be happy!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Great card and sentiment... I'm such a shoe diva this hits home to me...LOL

Love the color combo....now I have to go create something for Stef's color challenge...

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! I love this sentiment!! Perfect idea for the shoe images!! You don't know what to get...buy one in every color, right?!!! :)

Hope you have a fantastic day!! HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is stunning! you really worked those colors wonderfully! love it.

hugs,

msfreida said...

I love how your mind works, GF!!! This is AWESOME! Stef chose some fabulous colors to work with, and your interpretation ROCKS! Love all the details!

Hugs

bumblebee creations said...

I love it! Holly-this is just so cute! Love the all the work you put into it!!! I rec. the CUTEST little card today!!!Pretty amazing!! I will give it a try-but no promises how it will turn out!

Maria Matter said...

oh Holly, I love this!!!
You are such a clever one to do the heels in the three colors...what a delightful card! And that sentiment is true...gotta know where to shop!!!
Have a super day!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

Oh Holly you are a doll! Thanks tons for the exposure...and I love your card today as well...you do such a wonderful job with those copics and your design is nice too...have a great day and thanks again so much.

Vicki

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the sentiment and colors Holly! What a glamorous card!!

HOpe you have a great day!

Tracey said...

This is fabulous Holly! I love it! xx

Pam in Ar. said...

Very classy looking card =)

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

WOW~this is an AWESOME card. I love it and your coloring rocks girl!

Heather said...

Love the shoes!!!