Monday, August 17, 2009

Christmas Card Monday

Good morning everyone! It's time for another Christmas card! The one I have today uses one of the JUST released images from Squigglefly. It's called Santa Needs A Helper, and I just can't help but giggle when I look at the expression on this poor Santa's face!


(click to enlarge)

I colored with copic markers and added lots of flocking to his suit. I almost flocked his beard too, but I thought that would just be a bit much and I was afraid I'd mess it all up so I opted to leave it alone. I colored the baby's face a little redder than I normally would so it would look like he was really crying hard.
Here is a close up so you can see the flocking better




and here are the copic colors I used



The words were cut out of some designer paper I had. Have you had a chance to go look at the new images Squigglefly has in their store? There are just so many wonderful new designs, it's hard to choose! Lots of great ones to help you get started on your Christmas and Halloween cards!

Yesterday Riley and I got half of our walk completed when she found a turtle. She picked him up and turned around and walked straight back home carrying him all the way! Once we got back home she went and found some hiding place for it. She either hid him so well she forgot where he was, or he got away because when she went back out later she was searching and searching!
Well, we're off for our walk now, and it's almost 80 degrees already! School starts back here today too so we'll probably be seeing her old school buddies at the bus stops! Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Nice card and a great digi stamp.

Have a nice week!

gardengirl3 said...

Love this card...you did a great job on the flocking and the coloring! Have a great day Holly.

Vicki

Norine said...

how cute is this card
Hugs
Norine

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love that card! It is so cool how you flocked Santa and made the child's face all red. I can hear the child when I look at your card!

Maria Matter said...

this is so cute!
certainly brings back memories when my kiddos were babes!
Enjoy your day!
blessings, Maria

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I so love this Holly!! Your coloring is awesome and your fun fur makes this perfect!! :) HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a great card. flocking is good - LOL.

i'd say the turtle never waddled so fast in his life - LOL.

hugs,

msfreida said...

I LOVE this one!!! You just bring Santa and the poor baby alive with your coloring! The flocking is PERFECT! AWESOME card!

Hugs~