Monday, August 31, 2009

Christmas Card Monday

Hi everyone! Well the end of August is upon us, so making Christmas cards isn't sounding so early anymore is it?

The card I have today could be a really simple and quick card to make, or you can dress it up a little and make it a little fancier. One thing for sure is that you can't beat the 99 cent price tag on this Holly Wreath from Squigglefly!

Here's the card I made



(click to enlarge)

At first glance this looks really simple, but still nice. I added some red glitter to the holly berries. What you can't tell is that I have cut out some of the leaves and popped them up on pop dots. This adds so much dimension!




Of course you could dress this up even more with some designer paper and some ribbon or something. The coloring is sure quick though~

There is a new challenge up on the squigglefly blog today! Why don't you hop over there and see what it is and join in?

Have a great Monday, and I thank you so much for looking!

15 comments:

MANDEE said...

This is soooo pretty! I was eyeballing this one on the SF site, and after seeing this I am going to HAVE TO buy it!

Denise Clark said...

That's true! Can't beat that price!

Love the dimension you added. Great, quick Christmas card!

Vicki said...

Very pretty...love the pop dots for dimension. Love your coloring Holly. Here's to a good week for you! :)

HUGS

Vicki

Silvia said...

Hello Holly! Thanks for visiting my blog. You know that I have been following your blog and I got this stamp from your daughter's site. I love them! I has to use the other images that I got too. Love all your projects, I have found a lot of inspirations from it.

KellyRae said...

This is gorgeous! Classic simplicity at its best. Love the idea of cutting out some of the leaves for added dimension.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh wow!! Holly, this is so gorgeous!! I love your image and the fun details you've added to make it pop!! :) HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh holly! i just love it. it's so nice and simple yet stunning! i may just have to take another look at that image!

just gorgeous!

hugs,

Debby said...

Holly love your Holly Berries! Cute idea with the leaves.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly- I love that= you are right -popping up some of the leaves is a super idea!!! Hope all is well!

Linda L said...

Beautiful card!

Pam in Ar. said...

Ya gotta love those pop dots!!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful!
Your blog is like a SF catalog for me! I see the wonderful images here (brought to life) then I know which ones to put on my wishlist! lol

I really like the wreath popped and glittered!
Blessings, Maria

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love it! I have been eying that wreath and now I need it! Your coloring is expert!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ooooooooh..........very pretty! I love the details you added to it as well!

msfreida said...

Another one I must have! What a GORGEOUS card, Holly! Love the effect the stickles give, and popping up some of the leaves really makes them stand out! So lovely!

Hugs~