Saturday, August 15, 2009

Digi Day Was SEW Fun!

Last night was such fun at the big Digi Day event on the Squigglefly Yahoo Group! Rhonda and I have four challenges for you, and even if you didn't make it you can still go to the files section and see the challenges and play! You have until Sunday night to complete them for prizes.
Even if you don't want to play the challenges you should go look because you'll get to see peeks of the new images that are going to be released Sunday night!

One of Rhonda's challenges is to make a card that has some kind of sewing on it. It can even be faux sewing! I made a card for her challenge and actually pulled out a needle and thread!


(click to enlarge)

I used three of the soon to be released images on this card! Aren't the little houses so cute? I lined up three of them and created a little Welcome To The Neighborhood card. I stitched some little x's with yellow embroidery thread.
Everything is colored with copic markers except the grass and sky and I chalked those.

Tonight the fun continues at 7 pm CST with Stef Hughes on the Squiggleyfly Group at Card Universe! More challenges and more prizes to be had! I hope you will join us!

Enjoy your Saturday, and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly!!! This card is sew kewl!! I love all the houses put together like that and you're stitching is awesome!! I was just getting ready to go back to look at the samples in the photo folders and saw this!! I like it on your blog...it's bigger and so pretty looking up close!! Thanks so much for all the fun you guys put together for us!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous Holly!!!! Is 7:00 central the same time we started last night?

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you actually sew? now that's impressive! well, i sew - by hand. sewing machines and i do not get along - at all - ever!

i love the yellow in this. it's just such a pretty card! and i love the new images!

hugs,

Maria Matter said...

I really really like this card Holly, those houses are gonna be a popular I bet!
Your stitching looks wonderful!!!
Blessings, Maria

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Aww.......this is so cute! the colors are awesome!

msfreida said...

I LOVE this one too! Love how you combined the images...sooo cute! AND THOSE X'S... PERFECTO!

I knew when I took this challenge, it would indeed be a true challenge for me...I have never sewn on a card before! I've always used faux stitches, but something was driving me to give it a try! I should NEVER have chosen flower petals as my first attempt! Ohhh...by the time I got to the last petal, I was getting the hang of it! My question is...how did you line up your x's so evenly and so straight??? I guess I should have gone to You Tube before I even started! But it was SEWWW much fun! :)

Hugs~