Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Easy To Wish

Good morning everyone! Well I shouldn't have complained about having to walk in the heat yesterday because later when I got to work I got to see just how hot it can be. Our air conditioner was broken! Walking in the morning when it's 80 degrees with 90% humidity is hot, but sitting in an office with one fan blowing down a hall and it's 93 degrees outside is hotter; especially when you're there for hours!
The good news is that they were putting in a brand new unit when I left for the day.

So, yesterday I was wishing for Fall which brings me to today's card



(click to enlarge)

I used the new Squigglefly image Make A Wish, which again is only 99 cents! I really think this is a sweet image. I colored it with copic markers and added a little bit of stickles to the dandelion. I stamped a dandelion head from a Papertrey Ink set in white craft ink on the back ground and stuck a few pearls in the corner.

I used a corner punch that notched the corners of the image panel, and then ran a silver thread around it. The words are computer generated and the font is that CK Becky that I love so much.

Well, I slept a little later than I intended this morning so I need to get going if I'm going to have time to walk this morning! Have a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Super cute card....very sweet image too. Love the scoring of the background piece....I really need to try that...!!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love the scored background and how you colored the image and how you split the sentiment to frame the image. Nice!

Vicki said...

Holly, your card it simply stunning. Love your coloring...you have a talent with those markers. Scoring really adds to the card too. Hope your day is better today!
Take care.

Vicki

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-I love this card---what luck to have a dandelion to do the background with-perfect-and the sentiment is awesome!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a beautiful sentiment and gorgeous picture. your coloring is super on this one. have a lemonade with lots of ice or.... heck make it a malted!

hugs,

Tracey said...

This is an adorable image and card Holly. Maya loves blowing these 'wish berry blossoms' as she calls them! xx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

SOOOOO gorgeous!! You and Rhonda are thinking along the same lines today!! :) I love the score marks for the background!! Brilliant design and coloring Holly!! HUGS

Kat said...

This entire card is purrty, Holly.
And I *love* the sentiment!

msfreida said...

OHHHH this is AWESOME! I love to study your coloring...perfect shadows and oh those highlights! Yep, you are the expert alright! Really love the highlights on her blouse! AWESOME! I agree with the others about the scoring! GREAT EFFECT! This card just blows me away Holly!!! :)

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

I'm with Crystal...very sweet card!
The scoring is unique too..sometimes when I try to scroe things I guess I push too hard and it cuts the paper :(

Note to self....SCORE EASY!!!!! LOL

Great job!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Holly this is just gorgeous must get this image just hope I can do as good a job as you with the colouring....beautiful.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Maria Matter said...

Oh, I really like this Holly! Great background with the white stamping and pearls! This is a super sweet image and your coloring is beautiful! Love the sentiment too!

It must have been horrible working in a hot office. Glad ya survived, I would have melted!
Blessings, Maria