Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Feelin' the Breeze

Hi everyone! Sunday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and I love doing those! I actually finished this card on Sunday, but yesterday was Christmas Card Monday so I had to wait until today to show it to you. To really appreciate the card you should take a look at the one I CASED which you can see here.

Now here is my card


(click to enlarge)

First of all I never would have put these colors together myself, but I really liked them on her card! I used the squigglefly image Prairie Wind and colored it with these copic markers




I used two Stampin Up background stamps, Weathered on the top of the yellow piece and Filigree on the lower portion. A Martha Stewart border punch was used n the blue cardstock and the top of the blue piece is pierced and faux stitched with a white gel pen. I also used the white gel pen to make little dots on the scalloped border around the image. It was a fun card to make!

Tomorrow is card give away day, so be sure to come back for that! I hope you have a wonderful day and thanks so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

TeresaW said...

Isn't it funny how often a challenge make you use colours that you wouldn't normally use, and then you find that it works out just find? This card is lovely, but then the images is top notch.

Pam in Ar. said...

WOW!! I could actually FEEL the breeze blowing my hair. I REALLY like the effects this card has...the blowing grass, hair and clothes...I've never seen a card quite like this before. Love it!

The card you cased was more muted, yours has bolder colors and life to it =) very nice...I likie....

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Such a stunning creation Holly!! I just adore the beautiful colors...and your coloring of course is awesome!! The layout is just perfect for this image hun!! BIG HUGS

Norine said...

this is just adorable
Hugs
Norine

bumblebee creations said...

HOLLY!!!! This is so gorgeous-I LLOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE the colors!! I like how you put the border in the middle too-gorgeous coloring!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Holly this is just gorgeous makes you feel like you want to be with her you have captured the essence of the wind perfectly and I am loving it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love your card. The colors are great. Every time I see that images I think of Laura from Little House.

Chris (catt871) said...

What a GREAT image!!! Your colouring makes that girl come alive!!!!! LOVE the colours!!!!

Debby said...

Love the look of the 2 different background stamps and at first I was thinking "What! Holly sewed the card?" What?" Then I finished reading. Phew. That was a close one. and you know your coloring just gets better and better. Way to go. I guess practice does make perfect.

I'm Crystal said...

Beautiful card... I love a challenge, just haven't had time to participate lately.
BTW: I don't have pice of before the re-do, but I have some I will post of the finished rooms.

Hugs!!!!

Maria Matter said...

This is so pretty Holly...great coloring! great CASE, and I like the background stamps you used!
Blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is very sweet. i like it alot!

hugs,