Friday, August 7, 2009

Fiber and Candy

Hi Everyone! Yay for Friday! I have a couple of blog candies to tell you about. These are some good ones! Sue is celebrating her blogaversary with a huge giveway! Be sure to visit her at
Sues Sentiments and wish her a happy blogaversary!

And Vicki has a really nice stamp set from Firecracker Designs up for grabs at her blog Stamped Smiles

Now you know you can't live off candy alone. A balanced diet has got to have some fiber in it, so I made you this card



(click to enlarge)

This is just the type of card to send to someone to give them a laugh or someone who is dieting as a little encouragement, isn't it? The image is called High Fiber Diet and is from Squigglefly.
I colored it with copic markers and used chalk for the sky and grass. Then I stamped some grass sprigs over the chalk. The designer paper is embossed with swiss dots and then sanded a bit to bring them out more. The words are computer generated, cut out with a circle nestabilities die and sponged around the edge.

One more week until the digi day event starts on the Squigglefly Yahoo Group! If you haven't joined the group over there, be sure to do it soon so you don't miss out on the fun and prizes. I'm so excited to show you some of the new releases, and I know you are going to enjoy the fun games and challenges Rhonda and I have planned!
Well, enjoy your Friday and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute card! Just makes you want to go and chew some...clothes?? LOL

I'm Crystal said...

How cute is that!!!! You are the queen of quirky!!!!!

Becky said...

This is so cute!! I love the sentiment.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i'm ALWAYS on a diet! but that darn goat looks better than i do - bwwwahhhahhhaaaa!

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Cute and funny card!

msfreida said...

I LOVE this new image and how you used it! :) So, so cute! Your coloring is awesome as always and does that embossing/sanding ever make the DP stand out! Love it!!!

Hugs

bumblebee creations said...

Holly! I love it! I have been meaning to make a card with this image-and now for sure have to!

Debby said...

Where the heck are my chalks?! I need to find them too! How fun is this!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww....thanks for the little plug about my blog candy. :) I LOVE this card! LOL how cute!!