Saturday, August 8, 2009

Half My Stamp Camp Cards

Good morning to you all! As you know last weekend I went to a stamp camp and we made six cards. today I'm going to share three of the cards. These three are my least favorites. Click on any picture to enlarge.



This first card uses two new in colors from Stampin Up called Rich Razzleberry and Crushed Curry in the cardstock and the ribbons. The stamp set is one called Greenhouse Garden. I think I don't like this card because I'm not a fan of the crushed curry color; at least not when it's paired with the razzleberry.

The next card I just wasn't happy with because I couldn't seem to get the weeds placement right. It also kind of bugged me to be sending weeds to someone saying I was thinking of them! The in color on this one is Dusty Durango in the cardstock, the ribbon, and some of the ink. The stamp set is Autumn Days and Upsy Daisy.



This last card is my least favorite of the whole bunch, but it was a favorite of the lady who went to the camp with me.



I guess it's just a bit too busy for me. This uses Rich Razzleberry and Orchid Opulence. The images came from the Bella Toile background stamp, Circle Circus, and Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Tomorrow I'll show you the last three cards I made. I've got a day of creating planned today. My husband is going to the lake today with our younger daughter and her boyfriend (yes, Riley gets to go too!), so I'll have the house to myself this afternoon to play in my craft room. I'm going to try to get all the housework done right now so I can do it guilt free! I also can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon when it's over 90 degrees outside and the mosquitoes are hungrily awaiting to feast on your flesh if you dare step outside!
I wish you all a happy day too and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love the first 2 cards - especially that first one! definitely me! the last one.... eh! too busy for me too, but pretty.

sucks how we have to squeeze that housework in there... doesn't it!

it's gonna be hot here too - very hot - and we're not used to that - this year at least! so you know where i'll be too. have a blast!

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with Stef H..I really like the first two cards and not the last one...to busy for me too! I do like the new colors this year...now if I can just get my mojo back......

Enjoy your day creating..I can't wait to see the results....

msfreida said...

You did an awesome job on these but I'm with you about sending the one of the weeds! Oh don't mention the word! I pulled weeds all day on Wed and I'm still paying for it! My body can't move and my hands are one big blister!

Hugs

Heather said...

These are cute!! I can't wait to see your favorites!! :)

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly! I am home now-yeah, what a day I have had! found tons of stuff! I really like the second card the best! If you didn't like these much, I can't wait to see what you do like!

stamprgrl said...

I saw your profile picture while leaving comments for my Pile it On! players and there it was your gorgeous fox terrier wired hair! I have 2 of them (yes, I know I am a tad crazy). Mine are names Kramer and Lulu. Kramer is 13yrs and Lulu is 7.

-- dalis

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

wow! these are REALLY pretty!

Maria Matter said...

oh, I think the flowers on that first card are magnificent!!!
all three are nicely done...stamp camp must have been a blast!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Heather the Mooselover said...

Love the first card the best then down from there. The last card is a bit busy. I really like the new SU colors- especially the ones on the first card.