Friday, August 28, 2009

Haunting Sketch

Hi everyone, and Happy Friday! I know that a lot of you visit Vicki at Stamped Smiles, but you may have missed the news about her combining her hidden potential posts with challenges! What a fantastic idea this is! Plus, she's going to be offering up some blog candy soon! Go here to read to about it and sign up so you don't miss out!

I found enough time this week to participate in the sketch challenge on splitcoast stampers, and since I've been on a Halloween kick a lot lately, I continued on with this


(click to enlarge)

I used the Bewitching image from Squigglefly and colored her with copic markers. I then punched a circle out of some paper and used that as a template for using chalk to make the moon.

I added a little bit of stickles to her hair and broom. The words were printed on my computer in a cool looking font I found called Ghastly Panic (free here!). The little bat is an epoxy sticker I got at Michaels. I also bought the cute moon and stars border punch from Michaels. They got a ton of new things in my Michaels this week, and they're re-arranging the store too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find the new Martha Stewart spider web border punch which is the one I really wanted.
I do think the moon and stars one though is good for Halloween and would be cute for baby cards too.

Well, I hope you have a fantastic day and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i love it!

hugs,

Heather the Mooselover said...

How cute Holly! Great job!

Jeanette said...

This is so cute. I love all of the detail.

Jeanette

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, this is sooo dang cute!! I love Halloween and these colors...but that sparkly hair just takes it all!!! How cute!! :)

Thanks so much for the shout out hun!! Hope to see you around in the challenges!! HUGS

Pam in Ar. said...

Great job.....

Linda L said...

Wooooo cute card!

bumblebee creations said...

Holly! I love your card, and your new punch is perfect for Halloween and baby cards! I love it! I guess I need to check out the Michaels in TC! Thank you so much for your email-it really means a lot!!!

Maria Matter said...

Wonderful...a bunch of great elements here and thanks for the font link!!!

brilliant card!
blessings, Maria

Debby said...

I'm diggin this and the color combo is one of my faves. I also like how you did the corners on the cs. Never thought of that. The digital design team. You have it in the bag.

msfreida said...

CUTE,CUTE,CUTE! Love the moon! Cutest Halloween card I've seen! :)

Hugs~