Saturday, August 29, 2009

Hurry Up Fall!

Well I heard that Digital Tuesday is in need of a couple of designers. I figured since I mainly do digital images on my cards, and they only need one a week that it sounded like something I could keep up with pretty easily, so I'm throwing my hat in the ring!
If it sounds like something you'd like to do, you can read the details here.

Well yesterday the weatherman was calling for rain showers, but it didn't happen and it doesn't look like it's going to rain here anytime soon either. The temperatures at night are really nice though; much cooler than we usually see here this time of year!

The cooler temperatures have me really pushing Fall, so perhaps that is why I printed off this cute Pumpkin Patrol scarecrow from Squigglefly to color.



(click to enlarge)

I colored it with copic markers and used a little chalk for the sky. The leaves are from some tissue paper that they used to wrap something up in when I was checking out at the Dollar Tree. Sometimes when I'm shopping there if I see a really pretty piece of tissue that I want I'll ask them if I can have it and they always oblige. Sometimes they look at me strangely though! Anyway, I glued a bit of it to some cardstock, and then cut the leaves out and adhered them to the card with some pop dots. I almost smeared a little stickles on them, but in the end decided not to. Do you think I should?

I pierced a little swirl on the side so it would look like the leaves were being blown by a gust of wind. I wrapped the rafia around the card and then through a button. I think the raffia goes so well with scarecrows because it looks like straw!

Today is Stef's color challenge on the Card Universe group, so why don't you head over there and see what colors they are! That group just reached 100 members! I am trying to see if we can get all 100 members to participate; wouldn't that be cool?!

Whatever you do today, I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by here and spending some of your day with me!

13 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Those pumpkins look like what I'd like to find around here! Beautiful card, Holly...love the rich colors =)

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love how you combined the backgrounds with that image. Great fall card!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i love fall and it's freakiin' freezing here! the highs this whole weekend is supposed to be 62 (which is ok with me) and the nights in the high 30s, low 40s! i shouldn't complain, because like you (well almost) i'm not crazy about hot. but then, i'm not crazy about cold either!

love the card! and what a fabulous use of those gorgeous leaves! love it. and will have to remember that next time i'm at dollar tree!

good luck on the DT call.

and can you believe we've got 100 members already???? way to go!

hugs my friend,

bumblebee creations said...

SO cool! Holly! I Love your card and your paper piercing is so great! Good luck with the dt call!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!!! So gorgeous Holly!!! I really love your fabulous coloring!! The layout with the papers look very snazzy with Mr. scarecrow here!! :)

My weather is about the same as Ms. Steph's since we live a few hours apart!! :) It's so nice here this morning and cool!! :)

Jeanette said...

We must have gotten your rain. We had quite a downpour last night.

This is such a colorful card. Your coloring impresses me but your attention to detail is pushing a close second.

Jeanette

P.S. Shells will be in the mail Monday.

coldwaters2 said...

Fabulous card Holly love that image and your colours are great.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Maria Matter said...

What a lovely fall card...love that little pierced swirl!
Fabulous leaves...your so creative, great coloring of this fun image too!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

Holly this card is so nicely done. Love all the attention to detail...and loved the way you made the leaves swirl! Hope you have a good day.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Vicki

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oooooooooh..what a great card!! and I hear ya about "hurry up fall" I'm READY! thankyou for the reminder about the color challenge and good luck to you on the DT call!

Chris (catt871) said...

What a great card!!! Love the image!!!! Good luck with the DT call, they will be VERY LUCKY to have you!!!!

Debby said...

This is great! Your coloring is just fantastic!

msfreida said...

Love this image and what you did with it! The piercing is a clever idea and really adds flow to the leaves! GREAT card!

Hugs~