Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Light At The End Of The Tunnel

Hi everyone! Here I am once again trying to get excited about going out into this muggy, buggy heat to walk Riley! I am really ready for Fall to make it's appearance.
I will leash her up and go though, because she loves it so much and I can't stand to look into her eyes when I leave for work if I don't take her!

I do have a fun card to share with you today though! I made this as a sample of one of the new Squigglefly releases for the Digi Day Event we had on Card Universe Saturday night. The Friday before I showed the image to the yahoo group get together and we were coming up with funny sentiments to go with it. Did you ever hear the phrase "Just hope the light at the end of the tunnel isn't a train?" Well, that's what I was thinking of when I made my card



(click to enlarge)

This uses the new image called Hang In There and I personally think it's a steal at only 99 cents! I colored it with copic markers and chalked the rocks a little and also used a few colored pencils. The words are all computer generated.



Anyway, here's the inside of my card



LOL! This couldn't help but make someone who feels like they're at the end of their rope laugh if you sent it to them! Stef aka Glitterbabe came up with "What a way to ruin a manacure!" as a sentiment! LOL! What would you have it say?

Okay, I can't put it off any longer. I have to off into the steamy morning because Riley has locusts to find! (she eats them like they're potato chips! eww!)
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your day is cooler than mine!

11 comments:

Becky said...

I love this!! I love the texture of the papers, you are so creative.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

great card! and love that inside sentiment!

locust huh! hmmmm, maybe fried with a little salt.......

hugs,

gardengirl3 said...

Holly this was great! The humor was just what I needed this morning! You did a great job coloring the image as well...have a good day...hope it cools off for you soon!

Vicki

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this Holly!! Sure to cheer anyone up if they received it!! Great coloring and humor!!

Have a great day!!

msfreida said...

I'm with Vicki...good timing on your humor! This is hilarious! Holly, you really need to write a book with all your witty and clever sentiments! I love how your coloring really adds dimension to the cliff...AWESOME job! These colors work so well together too. Great card!

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

I LOVE IT!!!! I felt like that last night...I have 3 of the 6 grandkids for a day and a half, let me tell you...when you're not used to it and you've worked all day only to come home to 3 rowdy kids ready to rumble, I felt like JUMPING off that cliff LOL.

I needed that chuckle this morning..gotta go, the indians are restless =)

Great card!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! This is just too fun girl!! I love it!! Between you and Steph with all of your "sentiments"....my stomach will always hurt from laughing!! :) HUGS

Linda L said...

This made me LOL. I love it!

Kat said...

What a unique card, Holly. I chuckled at your wording on the inside! LOL

bumblebee creations said...

You clever clever girl Holly!! Love it! Sorry it is so hot there-not too bad here today-but this last weekend was hot compared to what we have had!

Jeanette said...

That made me laugh. Great card with a great sentiment.

Hope Riley enjoyed her walk.

Jeanette