Sunday, August 30, 2009

A little late color challenge

Hi everyone. Sorry for the late post, but I am just running so behind this weekend! I started working on a card for Stef's color challenge on Card Universe yesterday and I never had time to finish it.
This morning I got up and finished the coloring, but then I was stumped on a layout. I didn't like anything I did. I finally gave up and left for my walk with Riley hoping that I'd be inspired before I got back home.

I got home and tried to finish up the card, and I did finish it but I'm still not too wild about the layout. Anyway, here is the final product



(click to enlarge)



I used the Squigglefly image Apple Harvest and colored the whole thing with copic markers. I highlighted with a white gel pen. The words are computer generated in Bradley Hand font. I did some faux stitching around the designer paper, but you really can't see it that well with the design in the paper.

I found a little chipboard flourish and colored it with a copic marker and stuck it on there too. I don't know, sometimes I think it looks too busy and other times I think it needs something else!

There are a lot of different colors used on this little image! Here are the ones I used




Absolutely delightful weather we had for our walk and I think the weather forecast for the rest of the week sounds pretty darn near perfect! I am going to go cook a few meals ahead for the week and then later I plan to hit Michaels with a friend and a couple of coupons! I hope you all have a glorious Sunday, and thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

I like it Holly, just the way it is. Don't you just love those colors.

Jeanette

Pam in Ar. said...

I like the embossed background with the designer paper...different, but nice =)

Debby said...

I'm with Jeanette. I like it just the way it is. Love that image. And I hit Michaels yesterday. Be careful. They have some new stuff in.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holly it's beautiful! faux stitching eh? i thought it was distessing. i love the look and i love that flourish too! it's super!

hugs,

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Holly!
I love your coloring! and that little swirl/flourish is just perfect!
Blessings, Maria

Linda L said...

Holly the layout is great and I love the distressing.
I made a card for the challenge but forgot to use an image for them. I used the colors and I like the card. It won't post until Tuesday. I love the colors Stef picked.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is just gorgeous Holly!! Beautiful paper, colors and texture!! Stunning creation with the colors!! HUGS

msfreida said...

LOVE this one too! :) The colors are so warm and inviting! Love the embossed BG...adds so much texture! AWESOME job!

Hugs~