Thursday, August 13, 2009

Mice Birthday

Happy Thursday! If you still haven't commented on yesterday's card and you'd like a chance to win it, you have until noon to leave a comment!

Short and quick post for you today! I was busy doing so many things that I left myself very little time to blog! Someone on one of my rubber stamping groups asked for cards to be sent to her grandfather for his 90th birthday and I wanted to send one.
I chose a house mouse image, because who doesn't love those little guys? I figured it would work for a birthday whether it's for a male or female. What do you think?


(click to enlarge)

Well, maybe I did get a little too girly after all with that pink! Yikes! I need to make another birthday card I think! LOL! Why did I not think of that?

Anyway, I colored with copics and added some flock to the pom pom on the hat. The greeting is from Stampendous. I used part of a scalloped circle for my corner and doodled around the edges.

Okay, don't forget Digi Day tomorrow at the Yahoo Group at 7 pm central, 8 pm eastern! You will finally get to see some of the images from Squigglefly that I've been dying to show you! Have a wonderful day! Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

Super cute and he may not mind the pink. Once you get to that age you pretty much throw all conformities out the window, don't ya?? I think he will love it!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you're right! everyone loves house mouse and a 90 yr. old could care less whether it's pink or not!!!! as a matter of fact, he could probably see THAT color better than a blue one!

it's fabulous!

hugs,

gardengirl3 said...

I love those darn mice! Very cute card...you do a nice job coloring!

Vicki

Norine said...

now this is just super cute
Hugs
Norine

Linda L said...

This is adorable. I love the little mice. What did you use for the confetti? I think he will love it. If it is a card party and he gets a ton of cards he won't look that close.

bumblebee creations said...

Awesome card Holly!!! I am sooo excited about tomorrow night!

Pam in Ar. said...

That card is the cutest!! I love all of the shiny stuff on it =) The mice peeking out from under the hat are adorable...I think it's a great card for a 90 year old man!

Maria Matter said...

So sweet, I love those mice!!!
I think you should send it...it's a wonderful happy card...with party colors!

Blessings, Maria

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEE!! Oh how sweet is this!! I love it!! Those HM images are so dang sweet!! :) You know...that's just what I need to do this weekend!! I haven't used these little critters in so long and I've just gotten the PERFECT Christmas set to use!! TEE!! :) HUGS