Friday, August 14, 2009

Today's The Day!

Hi everyone! I love Friday's but today is a special Friday because tonight is the big DIGI DAY event at the Yahoo Group! It's going to be so much fun and I'm about to pop because I'm so excited to let you see some of the wonderful new images that are going to be released on Monday! The fun starts tonight at 7CST. I hope you'll be there to get in on the fun and the chance to win some of the new images! You will have until Sunday night to complete you challenges and the winners will be announced here, on Rhonda's blog, and on Squigglefly's blog on Monday.

If you can't make it, the fun will continue on the Card Universe group tomorrow night at 7 CST where Stef Hughes and I will be challenging you a little, offering prizes, and all of us will be welcoming Stef as the group leader!

I needed to put together a little kit for someone to make a card, and I wasn't sure how many craft supplies this person has, and I knew it needed to be easy to put together. I came up with a couple of designs she could follow


(click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)

I used the circle sentiments from Squigglefly for both cards. I thought using the sentiments would make it easy for her because there wouldn't be any coloring involved.
The paper is from My Mind's Eye Dreamy stack. I love that paper!
I embossed the pink layer with an embossing folder and added a flower brad to the center of one and a little pink gem to the center of the other.
A little trick I wanted to show you is that when I was cutting my scallops I had a small piece of the brown cardstock that didnt' quite have enough for me to cut three. I didn't really want to cut into a whole piece of cardstock just for one scalloped cirlce, so I cut as much as I could twice and ended up with this



Then I put them together lining up the scallops and got this



When I place the pink part over the scalloped part my missing section doesn't show!



No one will be able to tell you don't have a compete scalloped circle underneath! Just a little way to save on cardstock! Well, have a wonderful day today and I hope to see you tonight on yahoo! Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Maria Matter said...

These are lovely! They would also be great for some of the mass making card sessions! could use a holiday sentiment and papers and viola'

Great designs!
See ya tonight on yahoo!
blessings, Maria

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Holly! And thanks for the tip - I am always looking for ways to save my cardstock! xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

these are both great and your brain is always working. what a neat "trick". see ya later, gator!

hugs,

coldwaters2 said...

Beautiful cards love the designs and how great that you have shown how you did the scallops great idea.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oooooooh.........I love it! great idea with the piecing too! the DP is beautiful.

msfreida said...

How pretty! Perfectly done, as always! Thanks for the tip...will definitely come in handy!


Hugs~

Brenda Scowcroft said...

Now! Why didn't I think of that? I am always trying to cut out bits with card that is too small. Thanks for a great tip.