Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Watercolored Sea

Happy hump day again! Didn't we just have a hump day like a day ago? LOL!
I want to thank everyone for the congratulations on getting a couple of cards published. I really am super stoked over it! Also yesterday Stef aka Glitterbabe told me she's got a card that's going to be in the same publication! Whoo Hoo!

Today I have a card that I colored with watercolor pencils. The image just seemed to want to be colored in soft colors so that is why I chose to use the pencils. It colored very quickly too. Because I was going to be watercoloring I didn't have to get full coverage with the pencils. I just lightly added color to all of it and then used an aquapainter to brush on some water and blend the colors. I went back with the pencils while the paper was still damp to add more color where it needed it.


(click to enlarge)

The image I used is called Gazebo By The Sea. After it was dry I lightly rubbed some stickles on the water so it would look like the sun glinting off the water.
I dug some raffia that has been sitting in a drawer un-used for some time and tied that around the card and through a button. I just thought the raffia looked beachy and went with the image. The button and the designer paper both came from Anita at
Cards And Coffee as part of a gift she sent to thank me for making cards for her soldier group. Thanks again Anita!

I want to remind you again about the Digi Day fun Rhonda and I have planned for you at the Yahoo Squigglefly Group. The fun will begin on Friday, August 14th at 7 pm central time. You will have all weekend to join in on the fun though because the challenges will be posted and you can always check the messages to see what was said. There will be a special Digi Day folder set up in the gallery for you to upload your projects, and you will have until Sunday evening to complete them.
We have some fun challenges and prizes too. We'll also be revealing some new images that will be available at Squigglefly soon! I sure hope you can stop in and take part!
Well, have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

What a gorgeous card!!! Great coloring as usual!!! Congrats again and I'm stoked about the digi day!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So beautiful Holly!! Love the soft subtle sanding look behind the main image!! Perfect addition to this image!! :) Love the soft colors too!! HUGS

msfreida said...

OHHHH how pretty! I love the softness of it! You're just a pro with all mediums! ;)

I'm excited too about digi day! It's just a good thing we have all weekend to complete it...remember one of us works at a snail's pace and it's not you! May have to load up on Full Throttle for an all-nighter! :)

Hugs~

Becky said...

This is beautiful Holly, love the coloring. The image is such a pretty image to color.

Kat said...

I want to BE there .... in this picture!!!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous Image-and Beautiful coloring!!! I Love IT!!

Maria Matter said...

oh, Holly, such a gorgeous card!
your watercoloring is wonderful!

i'm so excited about digi day...we're gonna have so much fun!

Congrats again on being published!!!

have a super day
blessings, Maria

Pam in Ar. said...

WOW..I'll bet that took a lot of time to color!! Great card.

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is gorgeous.
Congrats for your two cards being published

Debby said...

Very pretty. I need to dig out my pencils.