Sunday, August 23, 2009

Wedding Bliss

Good morning everyone! What a beautiful day it was here yesterday. The weather was cool, there was a breeze, and low humidity. It was just gorgeous and I spent a fair amount of my day outdoors. The cooler weather sure has Riley in a good mood and full of energy. She's hard to wear down!

Today I have a wedding card to show you. My niece is getting married in September and one of my cousins asked if I'd make a card for them.



(click to enlarge)

I kept it all pretty simple. The image I used is called Wedding Bliss. I added glitter to the bodice of the wedding dress and on the dress trim. A thin iridescent thread is wrapped around the outer edges of the main image panel. The words are computer generated and I left the inside blank for my cousin to write her own wishes.

Today we have grocery shopping to do, and I want to make a card for Stef's color challenge before too much more time goes by! I hope you find time to play too.

Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that's right.... get that card in to snr!!! LOL.

this card is beautiful. i love the soft green and, of course, the glitter. it is really beautiful!

the weather here is like october and i'm lovin' it too! have a fabulous day. i'm off to the antique flea market!!!

hugs,

Heather the Mooselover said...

Great card! I love the design and how the glitter helps make her gown flow.

watchlady said...

Morning Holly--
Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing!

Mary

msfreida said...

Oh Holly, this is exquisite! The detail adds the perfect touch. I'm sure this will be a treasured keepsake!

I'm with Riley.... this weather gives me that extra boost of energy too! I weeded and cleaned out my flower beds yesterday and still have 2 more to do. Ohhh what a mess! I'm hoping WallyWorld has restocked their ink because my printer is bone dry. If they have, I'll be able to play along with Stef too! :) I love the colors she chose and know just the image I want to use. Crossing fingers here!!! ;)

hugs

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Your card is beautiful. Just a touch of glitter; perfect.

Have a nice sunday!

Jenny said...

Holly,
This is simply gorgeous!! Love that you made the image so big! :)
Jenny

Maria Matter said...

So so lovely Holly! It certainly is a beautiful image and your touch of sparle is just right!!!

Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

love your card. Never thought of glitter on the bodice of a dress but it is perfect.
Edie

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is beautiful! I love the glitter!!

Vicki said...

Holly, you may have tried to keep this card simple, but it is sooooo elegant. Very nicely done. :)

Vicki

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Awesome!!! Bring on the wedding bell bling girl!!! I love the really elegant look of this!!! WOW!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

You really are purrrrrrfecting your card making skills! I'm jealous!!