Monday, August 24, 2009

Winter Hug

Hi everyone! What an absolutely gorgeous weekend we had here! I hope that all of you were able to experience some beautiful weather too. It looks like we will be having pretty good weather all week long; highs in the low eighties and lows in the low to mid sixties! Pretty near perfect in my book!

Well today is Christmas card Monday and I have a pretty cute card to show you today, at least I like it!


(click to enlarge)

I didn't use traditonal Christmas colors which I like, but it also lets it be used as just a winter time card too. I colored the image with copic markers, highlighted with a white gel pen, and added stickles to the snow and flocking to the top of the boots. The image is from Squigglefly and is called Sara In Love

here are the colors I used to color her with



I used a little metal snowflake charm from Making Memories on the ribbon knot. It was a fun card to make!

I was able to complete a card for Stef's color challenge on the Card Universe group over the weekend. I'll show that to you tomorrow. I also completed a few other challenge cards, but you'll have to wait to see them later in the week.
Today is Squigglefly's challenge, and I'm going to go see what it is right now! Hope you have time to take a look too! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly, another cute one! Love what you did with the flocking and stickles. Have a good day and thanks for the inspiration.

Vicki

Jeanette said...

I like using non-traditional colors. Love the embossed background on this.

Jeanette

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is beautiful. i love that it's not all red & green. absolutely beautiful!!!

hugs,

msfreida said...

How adorable! I LOVE this image! AWESOME coloring, especially the shadowing on the snowman! Also love the colors you chose for Sara. The flocking/stickles add the perfect touch! This card ROCKS, GF! :)

Hugs~

Norine said...

so cute love the flocking and sparkle
Hugs
Norine

bumblebee creations said...

Love how you have colored up your adorable image Holly!!! Gorgeous card!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh you stinker!!! I Just adore this image!!! Love your non-traditional colors too!!! FUN CHARM!!! :) Thanks for sharing your creative fun girl!!! HUGS

Linda L said...

You are right this is really a cute card. I love the non-traditional colors.

Tracey said...

A gorgeous image and card Holly. Love the colours you chose. xx

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the colors that you chose as well as the sparkly on it...