Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Another Stamper Is Featured

Well, it's back to the old grindstone today. I suppose I'm ready for it but I admit that grudgingly. I hope you all had a great weekend! I got a lot of crafting in and that was good. We didn't get the rain that we were promised, but I guess you can't have everything!

Sunday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and I always love to participate in that when I can. I found THIS CARD that I wanted to CASE.

My main reason for picking this card is because of the ribbon. I went to a scrapbooking store over the weekend and found some cool clear, plastic ribbon from Maya Road, so wanting to use my brand new ribbon is what prompted me to pick that card. Here's the card I made


(click to enlarge)

Isn't the ribbon cool? I just love it! I stamped the flower (from StudioG) and punched it out with a circle punch. I used some black pearls under the sentiment as well as in the center of the flower. The sentiment is from Kolette Hall.

The piercing is all done following an ornare piercing template. It really is a quick card to make, but I think the black and white and the piercing and pearls all make it special.

Tomorrow is another card give away day, so be sure to come by for that! Also, if you haven't yet made a card for Stef's color challenge on card universe try to do that this week because I have a prize for someone!

I hope you have a great start to your work week and thank you so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

MANDEE said...

I like this! So simple but so elegant! I like these types of cards!

Jenny said...

Very simple but gorgeous! :)

Pam in Ar. said...

Black and white is always so elegant...Love the ribbon, I wonder if you can find plain and stamp what you want on it....

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW!! Holly, I really like this as I think it's very elegant and totally a brilliant CAS card!! :) HUGS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your case Holly!! So CAS and simply elegant!! Love black and white!!

Jeanette said...

Holly this is no nice. I love the simple but elegant. My cards tend to be busy. Neat ribbon.

Jeanette

msfreida said...

WOW...I LOVE that ribbon too! I LOVE RIBBON...especially unusual ones like this! :)This is such an elegant card...AWESOME piercing! Now I think I will CAS yours! hehe

We may have to get together and do a rain dance...haven't had a drop in weeks! :(

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

I love that ribbon Holly! Your card is so elegant! Gorgeous! Beautiful! Well, you get it! I may just have to case it!

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
I love your card. Simple and elegant.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Very elegant- great CASE. Great taste in stamps- I have that flower stamp too.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ok. this is definitely my ultimate favorite of yours so far! i love, love, love it! my fingers are cramping with that piercing. owwww! but you aced it. gorgeous!

hugs,

Debby said...

Okay I turned my cap lock off. I just love the elegance of black and white. Really need to do it more often. This is really lovely. CASE or not it's still yours. Lovely.