Sunday, September 6, 2009

Color Challenge and A Mega RAK!

Hi everyone! I had a wonderful gift arrive in the mail for me yesterday. A couple of weeks ago Jeanette Waters posted on her blog some pretty shells she had altered. I asked her if she sold them and she offered to send me one! Well she did way more than that! She sent me FOUR beautiful shells she has made plus a lovely handmade card. She also included a couple of pictures (because I had asked to see them) of a patio Christmas tree she had decorated one year with the shells. Here is the awesome RAK I got



(click to enlarge)

Jeanette, thank you so much for this! I think the shells are just gorgeous!

While I'm on the subject of thanking, I'd also like to take the opportunity to thank Niki for a comment she left on my blog the other day concerning the cat shaped card I made. I have no e mail for her to send a proper note, but she reads my blog so I hope she sees this. It was a really sweet comment that made my day Niki, and I appreciate it so much.

Yesterday someone asked if I would give further instructions on how I did the envelope to mail a square card. The envelope is not folded at all; it's just taped or glued shut on one end. The colored cardstock is stuck inside the envelope to show through the punched holes, and then it's taped shut to hold the cardstock in place and allow the card to be on the other side. Does that make sense? If you need more photos of what I did just let me know and I'll be happy to show you!

Well Stef issued her color challenge on the Squigglefly Group on the card universe and I stepped up to her challenge and created this



(click to enlarge)

Stef's colors are grey, peach, and green. I had a hard time with these colors! I used the Kick Out Of You image and made my card base peach. The background designer paper is a dark grey, and I tied in the green scalloped circle with some green in the other piece of designer paper.

I printed my sentiment out on the computer and attached it with a square green brad.
I hope you will give the color challenge a try as well. I've got a small surprise for some lucky participant!

Enjoy your Sunday, and thank you for stopping by!

10 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Did you get the rain yesterday?? It was raining here in the a.m. and it just made me want to go back to bed! So refreshing.....

On to the card, it would be perfect for a friend of mine..her grandson takes karate (he's 6) and he just had his first grappling (whatever that means) tournament. Very cute card Holly.

The shells were very beautiful...that was so thoughtful of her to send them =)

Have a great Sunday!

bumblebee creations said...

Love your card-what a cute boy image!! Love the gorgeous shells-very intricate! Gotta go get my blog candy up-have a great day!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

isn't that jeanette just a doll! those shells are fabulous!

and i love your card! so glad you played!

hugs,

Jeanette said...

Holly,

The photograph of the shells and card is so beautiful. The shells look like they are in water.

I love your color challenge card. I think I need to make a SF shopping trip.

Jeanette

msfreida said...

You did an AWESOME job for this challenge! What lil boy wouldn't love this image! Love the DPs you used! Perfect sentiment too! :)

WOW Jeanette is so talented and creative! These shells are GORGEOUS! What a thoughtful thing to do!

I just about ODed on football yesterday! I think while our guests are engrossed in more today, I will try to get some time to play. I really want to try Stef's challenge.

Hugs~

Maria Matter said...

what a kickin' card Holly! You did a fabulous job with the challenge colors...I'm still thinking!

Jeanettes gifts are absolutely gorgeous!!!

Blessings, Maria

Vicki said...

Holly you really did a nice job on this card...the colors all seem to work together nicely! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday weekend!

Hugs,
Vicki

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

WOW! what beautiful gifts! very nice and I just love this card! cute!!

Niki said...

Wow, the shells are dazzling! I so admire people who can draw and paint free hand.

Thanks for sharing your cute card also. You always have fun stuff to show.

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love those shells!

Cute card for the color challenge. I am so stuck with those colors. You give me hope!