Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cutie Fruitie Patootie

Good morning everyone! Wasn't the blog hop yesterday so much fun? The winner of the blog hop grand prize will be announced on the Squigglefly Blog sometime today, so be sure to check later to see if you won!

What could make it any better? I'll tell you what, all the wonderful new images you saw the last few days are available today at Squigglefly! Run over and start creating your own awesome creations, and be sure to share them with Squigglefly while you're there because they love seeing customer's art and putting it in the gallery!

While you're there sign up for the newsletter and their rewards program. The rewards program lets you pick any image free for every $15.00 you spend. The points never expire and you can redeem whenever you want to. You can even pick sets as your free image!

One more bit of news and then I'll show you my card. Tonight at 7 pm CST (8pm EST) we have the digi day (why do they call it digi day when it takes place at night?) at Squigglefly's group on Card Universe. Stef aka Gliterbabe will be hosting with a recipe challenge and I'll be hosting a sketch challenge. There will be prizes for each challenge and we will have some fun! Besides, your husbands will be watching football anyway!

Okay, today's card uses another of Crissy's new images Meet Mr. Turkey!


(click to enlarge)

He's colored with copic markers and highlighted with a white gel pen. I chalked the sky and ground, and then over stamped the chalked ground with a grass sprigs stamp.
I used some gold brads in the center of the wheels.

I found the perfect ribbon and button in my stash! The ribbon has green and red apples on it, and the button is kind of hard to see in the photo, but it's a shiny red apple with a gold leaf.

I cut the image out with the largest nestabilities label die, and then cut another one out of brown and cut it in half so it could mat the two sides of the image panel. I used a speckled background stamp on the card and computer printed my sentiment.

Well, thanks for visiting me today and I hope to see you this evening at the digi day event!

14 comments:

Cheri Howard said...

Mr. Turkey is one of my faves in this release, and your coloring is awesome!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i just love that card you have him on - or is it paper? it's fabulous! love the whole thing. looking forward to the fun tonite!

hugs,

Tracey said...

Love your card Holly!!

msfreida said...

Oh how cute! I LOVE the expression on Mr.Turkey's face...FABULOUS image! Your coloring, as usual, is tops and the ribbon with the charm completes it! LOVE the sentiment! AWESOME job!

Boy, was yesterday fun! Now to get started on some of those new images! If you think about it, SF has EVERY possible design you could want for a specific occasion covered! UNBELIEVABLE talent here!

See everyone tonight!
Hugs~

Jeanne said...

You did a fabulous job! I LOVE this!!

Jenny said...

Holly this is gorgeous! Jenny

Pam in Ar. said...

HAHAHAHAHA....Eat more fruit! You are good Holly =)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh I just adore this Holly!! Love how you've given him different colored apples and your layout is awesome hun!! There is just SO MUCH going on this weekend it seems like!! I am "doggie sitting" this weekend...so the rest of mine will be spent out there!! ;) HUGS

Claudia Rosa said...

thank you for entering my blog candy.
your card is wonderful
have a great weekend
claudia

Heather said...

Super cute!! Awesome coloring!!

Maria Matter said...

oh, that is the perfect ribbon and button, good job Holly! This image is one of my fav in the bunch! Beautiful coloring!!!
Blessings, Maria

Debby said...

Oh this is cute. The ribbon and embellies and sentiment are perfect and make me smile :-)

Katie Renz said...

Poor Turkey... I'll still eat turkey though. Great card Holly.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwwwwww.........this is SO cute!!