Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Featured Stamper Card

Hi everyone! Brock's colonoscopy went fine yesterday if you don't count the fact that he thought his appointment was at 7:30 and we were supposed to be there an hour early. Turns out his appointment was at 8:30 and they had already figured in the hour early time for him when they told him 7:30!

Sunday was featured stamper day at Splitcoast stampers and I found a cute little card that inspired me to make this


(click to enlarge)

The card I CASED can be seen here

I used the Flower Bunny image that Ashley drew and colored it with copic markers. I really liked the way the grass was done on the card I CASED, so I mimicked the look by cutting some green vellum and placing it at the bottom of my image panel.

I also really loved all the dots made with the white gel pen. I used a ribbon that had the white dots on it to go along with it. I never use my white gel pen enough. That's one reason I love doing the featured stamper because it makes me use things I forget about.

If you happen to be blog surfing today and you find yourself at Vicki's, be sure to wish her a happy birthday! Happy Birthday Vicki!

Well, thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

msfreida said...

Boy, Ashley ROCKED this one! It's such an adorable image! I LOVE how you colored it and ohhh this design...it's AWESOME! Fabulous job on your CASE. The DPs are beautiful and that's such a cool idea to use the green vellum for the grass! This looks FABULOUS! :)

I know Brock is glad it's over! Poor guy! :( I hope everything came out ok...no pun intended!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly glad everything went well with Brock yesterday! Always a worry off your mind. :) Your card is beautiful...love the grass idea and I agree with you on the gel pen...I don't think to use mine as much as I should/could. Beautiful job on the image too my friend! Have a wonderful Tuesday.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

that bunny never looked so good! fabulous!

hugs,

Maria Matter said...

This is such a precious image, I love it!!!!

Glad everything went well with Brock...love that name, it's such a manly-man name! lol
take care
blessings, Maria

Jeanette said...

Having a colonoscopy is not much fun but glad all turned out OK.

Love this image and your coloring and detail are marvelous. The detail of even using a dotted ribbon is great.

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous card my dear! Love the colors that you used, and what a great sketch-love the panels!!! I can't wait to get home from work tonight and try out the twinkling h20's!!!! I'll let you know how it goes!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet card Holly!! I love your bunny!! Great coloring and design!!

I am glad the colonoscopy went well! Not so fun I am sure.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! OMG!! This is just too dang sweet!! I love it!! The coloring is so pretty!! HUGS

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

And right after I made that comment, I noticed you told me Happy Birthday!! :) TEE! Thank you so much hun!! It's so nice to have a friend like you!! HUGS

Debby said...

Cute! Love the different panels. So glad you got to spend so much time reading magazines. It's nice to get caught up.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Glad everything went ok with Brock.

Cute card. I like the grass too. I have some green vellum... hmmm