Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Giving Thanks, and a little praise too

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing great. I'm so happy that today is the official start of Fall! Now the weather just needs to catch up. It's still a little warm for my taste.

With all the hoopla we had over the new images Crissy has contributed to Squigglefly I thought I'd take a little time today to praise another of the fabulous artists they have.
Many of you know that Lynne Stansbery is my sister.

When Squigglefly first came to be, I asked Lynne if I could go through some of her old sketch books to see if there were any images that might be good for digital stamps and I found plenty! First Haircut is one that I found in her sketch book that she drew many years ago.

Now she is drawing on a regular basis and her scenes have become very popular. I love that she can draw something as detailed as Cabin Retreat and something as fun as The Devil Made Me Do It.

Today's card uses a beautiful cornucopia she drew and I hope my coloring does it justice.


(click to enlarge)

I colored this with copic markers and did a little highlighting with a white gel pen. The rest is pretty self explanatory. The words were computer generated. I hope you like it and I hope she does too!

Remember that tomorrow is card giveaway day, so be sure to come back for that! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

9 comments:

MANDEE said...

WOW! I had no idea she was your sisiter, your family is FULL of talented people, I love her drawings! PS.. Yes I think the coloring did her jsutice!!

Vicki said...

Hello Holly! Your sister does beautiful work. I will need to go check out her designs as I am getting ready to get back into the swing since returning from vacation. And YOU did an awesome job of coloring...I loved your background paper with its embossing (course you know I am addicted to embossing!). The whole card is awesome Holly. :)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

msfreida said...

Well you are ONE talented bunch! Do y'all sit around at family get-togethers trying to out-do each other??? LOL

You did an AWESOME job with her GORGEOUS image! BEAUTIFUL coloring! The sentiment says it all!

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! I sure to LOVE this!! The texture behind the image on the DP is stunning!! Your coloring always rock and so does your sister's images!! :) She's a very talented lady!!!! You can tell her that too!! HUGS

Rachel said...

Holly this is beautiful, you did a wonderful coloring job on it. I so love the first haircut image that your sister drew one of my absolute fave's.
hugs,
Rachel

Jeanette said...

I didn't know that Lynne is your sister. What a pleasant surprise. You two certainly are talented. How fun that must be for your sister to draw the image and then see your interpretation of it.

Lynne thanks so much for your wonderful images.

Jeanette

Maria Matter said...

You and your sister are very talented! I love her scenes, they are among my very favorites! You did an amazing job of coloring this wonderful image (you always do)!!!
A very beautiful card Holly!
Have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

Heather the Mooselover said...

Love that card. As I said last week- you have a lot of talent in your family!

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with Mandee...I had no idea she was your sister! You are a talented family =)
Her image is beautiful and your coloring is as usual, fantastic!

Thanks to you both!