Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's time for another featured stamper card

Hi everyone! Whew, what a whirlwind weekend this has been with the blog hop on Friday and the digi day event last night on Card Universe, I'm pooped! No rest for the weary though. This morning I am going to try to get a couple of this week's dinners fixed so I won't have to cook a few nights during the week. Then I'm meeting a friend for an afternoon of shopping. She needs to look for Fall clothes and I want to try to pick up a few early Christmas gifts so I won't feel so pressured a couple of months from now.

The Digi Day challenges are up HERE if you care to take part. You have until tomorrow morning to get cards uploaded to be able to win prizes!

Every Sunday is the featured stamper challenge on SCS and I haven't yet looked at today's featured stamper, but I made this card for LAST week's featured stamper challenge on splitcoast stampers.
Shannan has a gallery full of cards that are fun to CASE! The one I chose can be seen here. And here is my card


(click to enlarge)

I colored the Rainy Day Duckling Charlie with copic markers and then I ran a clear glaze pen over the rain coat and boots to make them look shiny.

I kept the layout of Shannan's card and used the same embossed background, but I changed up the colors and the border punch. My words are computer generated. I used some white opaque rain dots and then colored them red with a copic marker.

I think it turned out pretty darn cute!

Okay, I've gotta run! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Chris (catt871) said...

Awwwww, he is sooo cute Holly!!!!!! I love him in a red raincoat!!!!!

Debby said...

Pretty darn cute indeed!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

yep... definitely..... pretty darn cute!

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

We've needed this little ducky this past week! LOL..it looks like more rain is on the way too!

Love the colors you used on today's card. =)
Have a great Sunday!!

Maria Matter said...

very darn cute actually!
Enjoy your Sunday!
Blessings, Maria

msfreida said...

I'm with Pam...VERY appropriate with our weather lately! I LOVE this lil ducky...sooo sweet! Awesome job on your coloring and I love this design! Precious card, Holly!

Didi day was SOOO much fun...well until I was cut off from the world...darn internet! The challenges look like so much fun and I know just which images I want to use! :)

Have fun shopping! Yep, Christmas is just around the corner!

Hugs~

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet. A lovely card!!
Clairex

Jeanette said...

My day has been just ducky. Your card is pretty ducky too. Love the bright cheery colors.

Jeanette

P.S. I bet you are tired today. But it was really fun.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwww.......this is so cute holly and I love the embossing!

Rachel said...

This is sooo adorable Holly!! love the shiny red raincoat and boots.
hugs,
Rachel

Heather the Mooselover said...

Love it! Adorably colored duck and those 2 red brads are the perfect accent!

Linda L said...

Very Cute! I love the little ducky.

Nora said...

What a cheery card! Really love the colors - sure to pick up anyone's day!
~hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So sweet and such a happy card hun!! I love it!! HUGS