Monday, September 21, 2009

My Sketch Challenge

Good morning everyone. I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I did; it just wasn't long enough for me! I found several things shopping yesterday and got good deals because most of the things I bought were discounted 30 and 40 percent and then my friend had a discount scratch off that gave another 30 percent off of that! We both left with several bags of things.

Saturday night on the digi day event at card universe we sure had a fun time! I think Stef had a little too much sugar or someone spiked her coffee because this is a picture I snapped of her at one point




LOL! That crazy Stef!

One of the challenges at digi day was a sketch that I made. Here's the card I made as a sample for the sketch


(click to enlarge)

I used the cute little Simon the Squirrel from Squigglefly. I think he is a real bargain at 99 cents! I colored him with these copics



What's hard to see in the photo is at the bottom on the right I curled up the corner of the designer paper and there is a little acorn brad revealed. The words were printed out with my computer, and actually by using a sentiment there I kind of cheated on my own sketch!

Today I will set up the voting poll for the projects that were submitted for this challenge and for Stef's recipe challenge. Voting will take place tomorrow so I'll let you know about where to go vote. There will be a prize given for the project with most votes, but also one for judge's choice.

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog too! I'm off to see what it is right now! I hope you have a great Monday and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Cute little squirrel....good job!

Happy Monday.


Lamp shade?? Great fun =)

msfreida said...

YEP...that's our STEF! I heard she was going to make a video for U-Tube of her lampshade boogie! Yeah...I want some of what she was drinking! ;)

AWESOME card Holly!!! This was such a great sketch, and you ROCKED it! Love this precious image! I love browns and am so glad I finally get to see some colors at work! Now I will just need to boost my supply!

Have an AWESOME week everyone! :)
Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

bwwwaaahhhaaaaaaa! damn i look good! bbwwwwaaahhhaaaaaa!

I LUV U, HOLLY!

your card says it perfectly - i'm nuts about you!

hugs,

Rachel said...

such a cute little squirrel! you made a beautiful card Holly. love the acorn at the bottom. :0)
hugs,
Rachel

Vicki said...

Hello Holly...love your card...and the sketch! And the hidden brad...what a cool idea. I am back home now so I plan on coming to see you daily again and get back in the groove of creating. It sounds like I really missed a good time. Have a great day Holly!

Vicki

Jeanette said...

Stef is such a character that it really could be her.

I absolutely love your card. I mean absolutely love it.

Jeanette

bumblebee creations said...

Love your picture Holly! That Stef-she is a party animal! your card is super too!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love the picture of Stef!!! Too funny!!! You girls are all "nuts". Teehee!!

What a cute squirrel Holly!! Love the coloring and layout!! You sure rocked the sketch!!

Maria Matter said...

ROFL......this is just too perfect Holly! lol
I love this squirrel card, but than I'm partial to squirrels! hehe so adorable!
Enjoy your evening my friend!
Blessings, Maria

Chris (catt871) said...

awwww, he is sooo cute! What a great sketch!!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

You are going to be in trouble girl!

The card is adorable! I love the squirrel with that DP. Good sketch- wish I had had time this weekend to play.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I love your card Jeanette!! That squirrel is just adorable hun!! Great take on the sketch!! :)

And that Steph is just a party animal, isn't she?!!!