Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Season of Friendship

Good morning everyone! It's hard to believe that another month is over isn't it? I'm glad to have October get here though. October just sounds like a cooler month even though I know it typically stays warm here throughout the month.

Did you hear the news that Squigglefly is going to be having another huge release on October 17th and they've added a new artist who will be making her Squigglefly debut at that time! I'm super excited because I've seen some of her work and it's absolutely fantastic! Squigglefly is going to let the newsletter subscribers get a sneak peek at the art work too, so if you want to be among the first to see then run over there and sign up for the newsletter!

You'll want to go to Squigglefly anyway because today they're giving a 10% discount on ALL Squigglefly images! Just enter discount code gimmemydiscount before adding an image to your cart. You'll see the new discounted price.
This offer expires at 11pm CST tonight!

Today I've made a card using one of the shy bear images. This one is called
Raking It Up and of course it's perfect for the fall. I love the little shy bird in his nest! He looks like he feels quite exposed with all the leaves off the tree.


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with copic markers, chalked the grass and sky, and then stamped some grass sprigs over the chalked grass. I used some more leaves from the tissue paper I got at the dollar store to embellish the top. One of the things I love most about the shy bear images is that Lynne has put in the drawing where shading would be, so it makes it so easy to color and get the shading right. Makes you feel more confident when you color, and more like an artist when you're finished! The words are computer generated.
I made this card for Papercraft Planet's Saturday Sketch Challenge, but I turned the sketch on it's side.

I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday after work and was thrilled to see that they have added tons of stuff to the paper crafting department. One of the things they now have in stock is all of the Spellbinders nestabilities, shapeabilities, and embossabilities! I bought some of the embossing ones and can't wait to find some time to play and experiment with them!

Well, I've got a busy day at work today with it being the end of the month and the end of a quarter to boot! I hope your day is a great one and thanks for taking time to come see what I made!

11 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Oh Holly- this card is gorgeous!!! I absolutely love those little shy bears-so adorable! You just want to pick them up and give them a big hug! Have a great day-I have to go today and buy some paint brushes - I swear I had some, but do you think I can find them?

msfreida said...

WOW! I love how you have everything so coordinated! This design is beautiful! Love the sentiment! You are so right about the shading on the Shy Bears! I found it only took seconds because she already did the work! They are sooo much fun to work with!

Hope you get a chance to enjoy this beautiful weather!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Simply beautiful card Holly...I love how you take the image the extra mile with teh sky and grass. You are a true artist! Hmmm...I may have to go visit our local HL to see the new additions. Hope they have them! Thanks for the heads up on the discount...have a wonderful day today Holly!
xoxoxo
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i just love this. those leaves are awesome.

did i tell you vicki (VLDesigns) and i are getting together this friday! we are soooo excited.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, this is pure sweetness hun!! LOVE the coloring you've added to this image!! I hope your day is just lovely my friend!! HUGS

Pam in Ar. said...

Love the Fall colors....Bring on October!

Debby said...

yep i'm a tad slow. when I first saw the discount code i could not figure out what it said. thought you missspelled gimminy or something. hahahaha. took me all day but now I know it says gimme my discount. yep. okay. Great card btw. the leaves look like they have great texture and I love them popped up like that.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Holly!! I just love that image!!! Your coloring rocks as does your design!! You have a Hobby Lobby and it sells Spellbinders. Oh, I am so jealous!!!! No Hobby Lobby here .....no spellbinders. I guess in a way that is a good thing cause I would be broke for sure!!!

Oh, I have some big blog candy, you don't want to miss out on this. I would love to send it your way!! LOL!

Have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Maria Matter said...

omgosh girl this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!
I love these bears...they color up so nice! Lynn has them drawn and shaded in such a way....well, they're just perfect!!
And I'm not just saying that because she's your sister! lol

blessings, Maria

Heather the Mooselover said...

Gorgeous card. Your coloring is amazing and those leaves look real (I had to read to see if they were!)

Tanya said...

Very pretty card. Beautiful sentiment.