Friday, September 18, 2009

Squigglefly Blog Hop!

Good morning everyone! If you haven't come to me from Vicki's blog Stamped Smiles, then be sure to go to the start of the hop at Squigglefly so that you can visit all of the blogs in the hop. The more comments you leave the better your chances to win the grand prize - The whole set of new images Crissy Armstrong has designed for this release! If you're reaching me through the hop, then I hope you've been having a blast hopping your way through the wonderful cards the design team has created!

I have a long post for you today, but I hope you'll think it's worth it! All of the images you see will be available at Squigglefly tomorrow!

First off I wanted to share the two cards I showed on my previous sneak peeks because some of you who are new to my blog through the hop may have missed them! Click on any picture in this post to see a larger version.

First up I have a card featuring Bubb! He's colored with copic markers and has stickles rubbed on his body. The sentiment is computer generated and under a clear dome sticker.



Next we have Buttons and Bobbles, a couple of love bunnies!
They are also colored with copic markers.



Now I have two new cards to show you! The first one is Oswalda. Isn't she just the fanciest lady you ever did see? :)



She's colored with copic markers and highlighted with a white gel pen. I created the sentiment on my computer and punched it out with a circle nesabilities and sponged around the edges. It's popped up on the card with pop dots. The paper is from My Mind's Eye.

I tied a charm to the knot in the ribbon, and added some liquid pearls for her necklace. She is such a treat to color!

Okay, my last card has a little story that goes with it. Once upon a time there were three cats. They had heard stories from other cats about the great fun they had chasing mice. These particular three cats had never seen a mouse and they wanted to so badly!

One day while amusing themselves with a ball of yarn one of them saw something streak by and alerted the others! They all quickly forgot the ball of yarn and at the same time spotted a little grey mouse! After a second's hesitation they all gave chase!

That little mouse gave them a good run zigging and zagging it's way through the house. The three cats were fast on his tail. Suddenly he decided he had had enough and he stopped and turned to face the cats.

The cats, seeing the mouse stopped and looking at them came to a sliding stop, suddenly the cats were afraid of the mouse! And that is when I took this picture






I colored it with copic markers and chalked the floor and wall. I created the floor board lines by rubbing a sponge of chalk over an edge of cardstock laid on my image panel. The little mouse is cropped from the EEK! image at Squigglefly.

Now while I was taking my photo, my cat came and joined me, and I thought it so appropriate I'll show you the whole picture



Okay, enough of me! Head off to the last stop of the hop - the artist who created all of these wonderful images, Crissy Armstrong!

63 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

these are stunning,
love all the images,
hopping onwards,
Hugs
Angie

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

BWHAA!! HAA!! OMG!! Holly, I so LOOOOVE that last card and the build up with the story was just AWESOME girl!! TEE!!! You are one crazy cat yourself lady!! :)

I love ALL your creations hun....off to see what Crissy has done..

Georgia Ehrmann said...

beautiful! I love them all and your coloring is amazing!

Crafting Andy said...

These images are just fab. And you've done a fab job too.
Hugz Andrea.xx

Jeanette said...

I just love Oswalda. But your cat and mouse card really takes the prize. And, then as I read on, your own cat to bring it all home.
Just wonderful. We have a cat, Red, very similar in looks.

Jeanette

bumblebee creations said...

what a fun card! I love it and your little story!!! These images are so great!!

Sandy said...

These are all very wonderful cards!!! I love the wood floor under your kittens. So much wonderful detail and great coloring. Can't wait to get these!

Saxo Stamper said...

Just beautiful, I have really been enjoying this blog hop - smashing work.

k x

Dragonlady said...

What brilliant cards. Those images are a must have so I had better win then hadn't I !!!!!

Ali x

Peggy said...

I love all your creations, you have done a great job !!!

Peggy xx

JanJ said...

Your cards are stunning, your colouring is just wonderful, really fab cards!

Jan x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i am sooooo LMAO! i'm speechless i'm laughing so hard! bwwwaaahhahaaaaa - all the way home!

hugs,

Melanie said...

This cat card is AWESOME!!! I love it! Your creativity is super!

Melanie

Jaspere said...

Holly you always make your cards fun and fabulous.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Adorable cards- I love how you used the images! Hopping :)

Jenny said...

Holly,
Love the story behind the cat pile!! :D Cute, cute, cute!
Jenny

Stephanie said...

These are all super cute! Great layouts Love them all very adorable and love your kitty cat very precious!

Jeanne said...

They are all gorgeous!! I love your cards!! All of the new images are soooo adorable!!

TFS!!

Rachel said...

Omgosh holly, these are all adorable. Oswalda i must say is just the cutest!! she makes me laugh, she is sooo adorable. you did a fabulous job with all these cards. i'm loving these image. Have a Great Day!!
hugs,
Rachel

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Great cards. Love 'em all!

msfreida said...

Oh I am so glad I didn't jump ahead and stop by here first or I would have spewed coffee all over my monitor!!! OMGosh Holly...your story is such a great monologue for your card! TOO FUNNY,GF!

I LOVE each one of your cards and these images are SOOO FANTASTIC! Each card has its own "Holly" touch that makes the images JUMP out! What a team we have here! :)

Hugs~

Stephanie said...

Wow - super talent here! Your cards are gorgeous (and your cat is adorable!)

Kim said...

ROFL!!!!! Love your cards Holly and your cat story is just too funny!!!!!

Starla said...

My first blog hop and it has been great to see so much talent!

Pam S. said...

super cute cards! tfs!
Pam Going Postal

Brandi said...

Beautiful cards! I will be posting a picture on my blog later today featuring my kitten (who looks like a younger version of your cat) with my card too. It's funny how they want to be in pictures!

Smiles,

Brandi

jan farnworth said...

love the fish card and that goose all dressed up. Your cat is adorable.

Maylee said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! Your coloring is awesome!

Erin- said...

You have done an amazing job Holly! These cards are gorgeous!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Oswalda is the cutest thing =) Great coloring! The cat one is my fav. of course...I want your orange kitty! It reminds me of one we used to have named Tiger...he was a great cat!
Love the kitty card :)

Killam Creative said...

I'm laughing so hard! How perfect! You are so creative. :)

Susan

Christy Dillman said...

Holly you have been a busy lady to, love all your cards! The ostrich image is too funny and love the fish image with colors you used! Can't wait to play a little more tonight with these fabulous images!

treesawardincrafts said...

I love all the sneaks you have been giving us, and that kitty story is so sweet. Hope your pain in the neck is feeling better, sorry for the radio silence recently, I have been diversifying and trying to cut down on laptop time as my eyes were playing up. Keep popping the pills and feel better soon.

Hugs

Teresa

Kim. said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards. I love them all but the little story is just brilliant, I could visualise it before seeing the card. Terrific.
Kim xXx

laurlynn said...

More great cards!!

Tanya said...

Your work is stunning. I'm now a follower!

Nicola said...

Wowzers Holly, your creations are absolutely awesome. You are truly a very talented crafter and I have enjoyed my time here.
Nicola -x-

Peggy said...

These cards are beautiful! I just love all these new images.

Peggy R

Maria Matter said...

lol, now we know the reason for the cat pile!!! lol
I'm gonna expect a story now for each of your cards!!!! love it!

Holly, you've done a stellar job with all Crissy's images...pure eye candy my dear!!!
Blessings, Maria

Jo said...

These are fab, absolutely amazing you have made such a good job of them, well done. I just love Crissys designs, good luck in your new role. Jo x

Francesca said...

very cute card with wonderful image

Hugs
Francesca

Mary C said...

OMG what cute cards you created with these wonderful images! I am just so excited about tomorrow's release. I can't wait!

Jennifer Love said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! Love your little story...you wanna know why? Because I can TOTALLY see my house full of animals doing that. haha!

Thanks for being so creative. :D

Michelle said...

Absolutley LOVE these cards!

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Stunning creations.....these images are so cute and you have done such a lovely job with them.
TFS
Hugs,
Charlotte

Tammy Miller said...

these are great thanks for sharing!

Tammy Miller said...

these are great thanks for sharing!

Lisa said...

Your kitty in the shot with your card is just a riot! Love your cards too, but your kitty is purrty!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Love the cutie goose image!!

Jo said...

Hi Holly, thanks for stopping over at my blog, our ginger cat Tango is also called baby!!! I just love your cards, they are fab, Jo x

Debby said...

the last pic made me smile and giggle. love kitties. been a long time since I had one. for good reason :-(

Your cards! All of them! Are more then Fabulous! Wow do I love the way you colored the ostrich! Amazing. She is so fun! Rock on Oswalda!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What awesome cards!! I just love the humor of the last one. Spectacular coloring Holly!! Stunning work my friend!!

watchlady said...

i can't remember if I commented this morning when I visited your blog! If not... you know how I love what you do w/the images! Great job on all of them!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh these are beautiful!!

Nora said...

You never cease to amaze me with your cards or fail to make me laugh with your better-than-fiction stories! *LOL*
Thanks for the fun hop, Sweetie!
MWAH!

Sara said...

Holly, they are all amazing, but I'm so lovin ozwalda

Miss Sue said...

Love the liquid pearls idea. Have never heard of them. Great job.

Anna Sutherland said...

Wow, these are stunning. Your colouring is amazing.

Jodi said...

Holly these cards are absolutely incredible! Love the story on the last one and how your cat had to get in on the action! Fantastic job showcasing these adorable images!

Lisa Foster said...

These are ALL WONDERFUL! Your coloring is beautiful. I adore the last pic of your cat with the cat card...how adorable!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cheri Howard said...

I love your coloring, and what a crazy story THAT was!

Sally Cicada's Designs said...

Hi Holly,
Thanks for stopping by--love what you have done with Crissy's new designs!! Your colouring is brilliant--love your shading!! I will have to try Squigglefly--I have never done anything digi before!
Blessings,
Sarah

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

So adorable!!