Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Squigglefly Shape Challenge

Hi everyone! Here we are at the beginning of a brand new month! It's so hard to believe it's September already.

Yesterday I took a look at all of the fun shaped cards the squigglefly design team did for this week's challenge and I couldn't help but play along! Here's what I ended up with


(click to enlarge)

I found a cat silhouette online and printed it out for my shape. I printed the Every Life sentiment on my cardstock, and then lined the silhouette image up so the sentiment would be where I wanted it, and then made the fold in my card.

I did some sponging, hand drew my nose and whiskers, and then added one of the fun cat eyes. A fun card to send to the cat lover on your list, and I happen to know quite a few of those! I hope you will try your hand a shaped card too and if you do, I'd love to see it!

Wishing you a wonderful day, and thanks for looking!

15 comments:

I'm Crystal said...

How cute is that!!!!!
Love the card and!!!

bumblebee creations said...

It is awesome Holly!!! You are so talented!!

Jeanette said...

Ooh I love this.

Jeanette

Pam in Ar. said...

AWWWW I love it!! You do such a great job Holly.....thanks for sharing =)

Heather the Mooselover said...

What a great card- love it!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWWW!!! Holly!! This is just adorable!! You've done a fabulous job with the shapely challenge girl!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Vicki said...

Holly this is so ingenious! You truly have a god given talent kiddo! And you did a great job with coloring again! I know I say that a lot but I do really mean it! I told Stef when I grow up I want to be able to use my markers like you and her! :) LOL Have a great day.

{{{{{{{{HUGS))))))))

Vicki

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is so cool! my mom would LOVE this!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so fun Holly!! Love it!! What an awesome take on the shape challenge!!

Maria Matter said...

Now that's cute! My mom is one of those cat ladies and would love this! lol
Brilliant!

Niki said...

Holly,
If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, consider yourself flattered! I had to copy this card. The timing was perfect. A good friend's cat died this week, and I wanted to send her a card. This also gave me the nudge I needed to jump into digital stamps. I got a new printer for my birthday (back in June) specifically so I could print on cardstock. Last night was the first time I was brave enough to download some digitals! I got this sentiment from Squigglefly, plus a couple other images. (I couldn't justify a charge on my credit card for only $.99, right??)

Thanks for the inspiration. I enjoy your blog every day!

Just call me Xerox,

Niki

msfreida said...

SOOO AWESOME! How clever! This is sooo adorable...MUST get this sentiment! You ROCK, GF! :)

Hugs!~

Debby said...

Look at you miss clever clever. It's cute. You should have done a dog. Riley is probably jealous.

Kim said...

Holly this is so cute!!!!!

Kat said...

This is so purrecious, Holly.
The photo makes it look
like a wooden piece of art!