Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Title For This Post Escapes Me

Hi everyone! I really could not think of a witty title for this post. I couldn't even think up a non-witty title! So here's the post sans title!




I received this lovely award from Sue at Stamping Daily, and now I'm supposed to list five things I enjoy (in no particular order) and pass this award on to five blogs I enjoy.
Five things I enjoy are (it was really hard not to put "a healthy neck!" as one of these five!)

1. spending time with my hubby
2. my pets
3. cardmaking
4. fall
5. snow

five blogs I enjoy and am passing this award to are

1. Stamped Smiles
2. Bumblebee Creations
3. Crissy's Art & Heart
4. Stamping The Details
5. VL Designs

If you take time to go visit these wonderful blogs I'm sure you will leave inspired to create something fabulous!

Good things are happening this week! On Wednesday you will finally get to see peeks of the images Squigglefly will be releasing on the 19th. The 19th is also the big digi day fun at Card Universe. There will be challenges and a couple of prizes.

Tomorrow is another Squigglefly challenge, so be sure to check their blog to find out what it is this week. I have to say Rhonda and Kim come up with some challenges that never fail to challenge me!

On a personal note, my neck is still giving me problems. I will be calling the doctor bright and early tomorrow morning hoping to get set up with some physical therapy. The muscle relaxers and stretches I've been doing have helped it some, but it is far from good. Looking down is not a problem, but looking up or turning my head to either side is not good. Yesterday afternoon it kind of started feeling tingly numb in some areas which I don't think is a good sign. I will say that I haven't been eating much because chewing and swallowing hurt my neck too much! Not exactly a diet plan I enjoy! At least when I'm coloring and card making I am looking down!

Okay, on to today's card!



(click to enlarge)

What you can't tell in the photo is that the image is set inside a window that is cut out from the front on the card. The designer paper is glued to the front around the window opening. I used the cute little owl from Hooty Who and printed the owl twice. The second owl is cut out and placed on the branch.

The greeting is computer generated and it says "Birds of a feather have a hoot together". The little flower is some chipboard that I coated with ink from an ink pad and I place an orange rain dot in the center.

Well, I'm off to see who the featured stamper is on Splitcoast Stampers this week. I hope you all have a fantastic day, and thank you so much for stopping by!

12 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Awhhh....thank you Holly for the award-I will come back for it later!
Your card is awesome-I should make one like it-my Mom collects owls! well, gotta go random generate a winner for my blog candy.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Thanks Holly. You are so sweet. I love your card- I like the colors and how you used the button on your bow. I will have to try that.

Crissy Armstrong said...

Thanks for the award, Holly. You're a doll!
I love your card hun, really cute! I can see the window you made for them! That is genius! It looks fantastic!

Linda L said...

This so cute. I love the little owls and the sentiment is perfect. The way you framed it looks great. I really love this card.

Vicki said...

Holly, thanks so much for the award! My very first! I will come back for the award a little later as well. I loved your card for today...and the sentiment just cracked me up! You are just so good at coming up with appropriate sentiments for your cards...have a wonderful Sunday and I hope you begin to find relief from your pain after your doctor visit tomorrow. And boy you are right, not a good way to diet! Take care kiddo.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Vicki

Pam in Ar. said...

Geesh Holly...I hope your neck gets to feeling better soon! Thanks for taking time for us...we really appreciate it =)

Cute little owls...love it!

Chris (catt871) said...

cute cute cute!!!!!! I love that little owl!!! Looks like I need to go Squigglefly shopping!!!!!

msfreida said...

Holly, I'm really worried about you! I know tomorrow can't come soon enough. I'll definitely keep you in my prayers.

Your card is amazing! How clever to design a window to showcase the image! The DP is awesome with the colored dots...really brings out the button and flower. What an eye-catcher with these fabulous colors!

Feel better Babe!
Hugs~

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

congratulations holly! well-deserved. :) and what a great card! the images are adorable and I love the colors you chose for it. Hope your having a nice sunday!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ooops...forgot to add...sorry about your neck. I HATE neck problems...*sigh*...I suffer with those myself. I hope you get to feelin' better real soon!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I can't believe you couldn't come up with a title girl!! :) Congrats on the award though!! Your card is so pretty!! Love the owl images...reminds me of my gma..she collected them. HUGS

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

And well, sheesh, forgot to mention my thankyou for sending me along an award!! :) You're the best my friend!!! BIG HUGS!!!!