Tuesday, September 15, 2009

You'd Better Believe In Fairies!

Hi everyone! I hope you are all doing well today. We got some rain yesterday and the weather has turned a bit cooler which always puts me a good mood!

Today I have a card for you that uses one of the brand new images from Squigglefly. This is called Woodland Nymph and I think she's just about the prettiest little fairy I've seen!


(click to enlarge)

This was made for the challenge at the all sorts challenge blog where the challenge was a sketch.

I colored the image with copic markers and then ran some glue over the wings and sprinkled on some glitter. My flowers were punched out of some designer paper and I put some yellow stickles in the centers.

The words are computer generated in a font called Curlz. You can get it here free if you like it!

I covered my punched border piece with vellum that was punched and embossed with the swiss dots folder. I really like using vellum like this! When I showed this card to Chesney she said I needed to put something on the inside. I pondered that for a bit and finally came up with this



(click to enlarge)

I thought that was appropriate because those gnomes are creepy!

So many wonderfully fun things are happening this week! Tomorrow you will get to see what the Squigglefly design team is so excited about because we will get to start showing you sneak peeks of the fabulous images they will be releasing on Saturday. These images are from an extremely talented artist who is new to Squigglefly and new to digital images! There will be sneak peeks Wednesday, and Thursday, and on Friday more sneak peeks with a blog hop that has a wonderful grand prize of ALL 13 new images plus some other goodies! Believe me when I tell you that you don't want miss out on any of the fun!

Saturday is digi day at Card Universe and there are some fun challenges planned as well as a few prizes! I hope to see you there!

Yesterday I did get to talk to my doctor and they have scheduled me for physical therapy for my neck. I start that tomorrow. Right now my neck is much looser so the pain isn't near as bad as it was. Hopefully the physical therapy will take care of the rest of it and I can get on with normal life! I do appreciate the kind thoughts and caring concern you have all shown me!

Have a wonderful day, and as always I thank you for taking time to see what I've been up to!

15 comments:

msfreida said...

Well keep those gnomes at bay! So glad you're feeling better! After you see the therapist, I know you will feel even better! Good luck! ;)

This card is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the colors and that image is adorable! The glitter is perfect! (Stef will love it!) Love how you used the vellum! AWESOME sentiment, inside and out! :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

you are just way too funny! i love that inside sentiment - bwwwaahhhaaa!

and your card is awesome!

so glad your neck is feeling better.

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh I just LOVE this image!! What a gorgeous soft coloring job hun!! The sparkle is just perfect!!!

I'm so very glad you're feeling better!! I was beginning to wonder how in the world are you going to be doing all that you're doing?!! :)

BIG HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

Loving your card Holly! Glad your neck is better today!

Maria Matter said...

that saying is too funny and quite unexpected after seeing the lovely fairy on the front!!! lol

Very pretty card Holly!
I'm so glad you are getting a little relief!
I didn't know about digi day on Sat., thanks for the heads up!
blessings, Maria

Pam in Ar. said...

I love the sparkle on the wings...she is a pretty fairy :)

Hope your neck problems get cleared up soon, it's gotta stink!

brenda said...

Hello Holly

I certainly do beleive in fairies, with so many living at the end of the garden how could I not !

Such a pretty card and beautifukl glitter fairy wings, just as they should be.

Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.

B x

Rachel said...

Holly, this is gorgeous!! I just got off the site and saw this fairy and just fell in love. you did a beautiful job with her.
hugs,
Rachel

Kath said...

gorgeous card holly and yes that fairy image is so beautiful...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Allsorts..hugs kath xxxx (GDT)

Jules said...

Hi Holly

A gorgeous card and wonderful image.

Your sentiments made me smile.

I hope they manage to sort your neck out for you.

Thank you for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Jeanette said...

Really sweet card. I love the pastel look. The wings are gorgeous.

Glad your neck is going to be treated. I hope you feel better very very soon.

Jeanette

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

Your card is beautiful and so are the colors.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Gorgeous card and I love the wings.

Gro said...

Great card.
Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Love the papers they suit your image so well

thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx