Friday, September 4, 2009

Your Pad or Mine?

Hi everyone! Are you ready for a long weekend? I know I am! I have taken the day off work today to extend my weekend into FOUR WHOLE DAYS! Yippie Skippie!

Today's card was originally started for last week's Digital Tuesday Challenge which had the theme "hop", but I didn't finish it in time.


(click to enlarge)

I used the Squigglefly image Water Lily and colored it with a combination of copics, chalk, and pencils. The paper is some new I got from Michaels called Carolyn Gavin. I found several little booklets of designer paper that is patterned on both sides and I love that they are selling it like this. Usually I can only find double sided paper in 12 x 12 sheets.

My corners are a cuttlebug die that I cut corner to corner. I added a little bit of stickles to the water and some rain dots to the top left corner. I really love those rain dots!

I hope to get a lot of crafting time in today, and the weatherman is calling for rain so hopefully we will get that and I can enjoy my crafting time even more because I won't feel guilty for not spending outdoor time with Riley! I hope you have a fantastic Friday and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

Oh enjoy your day off Holly and stamp some for me too =)

RIBBET...loved the card!

treesawardincrafts said...

Oooh, I love what you have done with that image Holly, those corners give a sort of oriental feel to the card especially with the lotus look to it.

Hope you enjoy your long week-end days off.

Teresa

Chesney said...

As I was looking at this, I couldn't help thinking it would be a good card for someone who has just moved to a new house (or a first house). The inside could say something like, "Hope you like your new pad!"

msfreida said...

This is SOOO CUTE and creative! Must remember your tip with the corners! Adorable image...AWESOME coloring! This card has such a great design! LOVE IT! :)

Hope you enjoy your holiday! We're having guests for a fun football weekend! Just hope I get a break so I can sneak in to my scraproom and play!

Have a fun and safe weekend everyone! ;)

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! I love your titles Holly!! What a super sweet creation!! I love your coloring and you are always so clever with what you do!! I so enjoy my visits with you hun!! Hope your weekend is just the best!! HUGS

jeanette said...

I love this card.

Have a very nice long weekend.

Jeanette

Vicki said...

Hello Holly, nice card...love the coloring...of course. Those corners...are they new? I don't think I have seen them before. Have a wonderful day off! Today is my last day at work for 2 weeks! I am on my way to Southern Texas on Sunday. I will miss crafting for two weeks but will catch up. Enjoy your day Holly!

HUGS,
Vicki

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love your card! The corners are very cool and I like your color choices.

Enjoy your long weekend.

PS After being so excited about the hop to it challenge- I never got around to finishing my card. My colored image is sitting on my stamp table.

bumblebee creations said...

LUUUVVV it! I knew which image it was going to be as soon as I saw the header! Lucky you to have 4 days off!! I am so jealous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so sweet Holly!! Love your title of the post! What a sweet image, beautiful coloring and fab layout!! Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Rachel said...

this is such a cute image. you did a wonderful job with it.
hugs,
Rachel

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is wonderful!