Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Announcement and A One Layer Sweetie

Hey everyone! Sorry I'm a little late this morning. It was raining when I woke up, so since there would be no morning walk with Riley I turned the alarm off and slept in a little longer! It's still raining and looks like it will all day! Too bad I have to go to work today because it would be a perfect stay in and stamp day.


If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and you'd like a chance to win it, you still have time. I won't have random.org pick the winner until after noon.

I have an important announcement to make - the video that shows the "Holly-soft" had to be re-edited, so the link to that video if you are here looking for it or wanted to pass it on to someone can now be found HERE I also changed out the video that was on my blog post, so if you send them to my blog they'll find it under tutorials. I do appreciate the response!


Today I have a simple little one layer card to show you.



(click to enlarge)

I used the too cute Ice Cream Girl that Lynne Stansbery drew along with a flower stamp I got from Michael's dollar spot. I colored her with copic markers and chalked the grass and sky.
For some reason my sky doesn't show up in the photo!

Once again I used a little grass sprigs stamp from Art Impressions to stamp over my chalked grass. The words were computer generated, but I can't remember the font I used. Sorry about that! The top part of the card was embossed with the swiss dots embossing folder and then I simply tied a ribbon around the card where the embossing ends.

I'll be back a little later to tell you who wins the card! Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

msfreida said...

Oh and is she a sweetie! One day that top scoop is going to topple! ;) LOVE your coloring! The flowers look great! Fabulous design!

Hopefully my computer will be back in action soon...had to resort to blackmail though! IYKWIM! ;) Uhhh!

Hugs~

Debby said...

Simple but oh so sweet. Very pretty.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, this is just adorable!! I really love that image!! Love how you've embossed the partial part of the card too!! Brilliant work as always hun!! HUGS

Cheryl said...

Oh how cute is this image she is so adorable love the embossed backgournd love cheryl xxxxx

Rachel said...

ohhh what an adorable card Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

Pam in Ar. said...

Simple but Oh so PURPLE LOL.....love it!

Janet said...

this is aweseome! I am no good at one layer cards!

Tracey said...

This is adorable Holly! Awesome job with the one layer! xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

gosh, how did i miss this one???? she's is adorable! and the colors are just fabulous!

hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

This is one of my fav images!!! I just adore her chubby little legs! Gorgeous card Holly!!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oh! I just love this. The embossing is perfect for this sweet image. I like the CAS look about it.

Heather the Mooselover said...

The dotted Swiss background is perfect with that image. The grass is AMAZING!

Maria Matter said...

oh how sweet!
She's colored beautifully and the embossing looks perfect!

off to watch your video again...I think I directed people to your youtube, I'll check it and change it!

Blessings, Maria