Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birthday Bunny

Hi everyone! Well, I'm still not feelin' my mojo, but I did sit down and make another birthday card. This time I went looking through some sketches and found one to use that required me to use more designer paper than I'm used to using. I have a hard time combining patterns and colors so I tend to stick to two designer papers at the most.
This particular sketch has three papers. I kind of fudged a little by using one that could almost be considered solid because there's not really a pattern on it. Anyway, here's the card


(click to enlarge)

I used the Flower Bunny from Squigglefly, but I removed two of the flower pots before printing it out. I colored the image with these copic markers



I added some blue metallic snaps in the corners and some brown flower soft for the dirt in the pot. The sentiment is a Stampendous clear stamp.

Tomorrow is card give away day and I am working on a card for this week's Squigglefly challenge, so I hope to have that ready for the give away. You should definitely check out this week's challenge though because you can win two images from the upcoming HUGE new image release by playing along!

There's something exciting I've been wanting to share with you. This weekend Ashley and I (and maybe Chesney too) will be at the ScraStampin' store in Cabot, Arkansas giving a class on digital stamps and how to use them! We will be showing people the advantages of digital and how to download them and arrange them on cardstock and print them. I'll be taking lots of the cards I've been showing on my blog as samples and we will give everyone a chance to print an image!

I'm really excited about this because I know so many people who think using digital images will be too hard or that they have to have a special program to print them. I want to show them how easy it is! Anyway, if any of you happen to be in the vicinity I'd love to meet you! The class starts at 11:00 on Saturday, October 10th!

I hope you have a wonderful day and that your weather is as gorgeous as mine is! I love this time of year!

13 comments:

Pam in Ar. said...

What a cute little bunny (love the bent ear lol) If I was closer, I sure would come see you this weekend!! I'm "one of those"..hope you get a lot of new customers =)

treesawardincrafts said...

Oh, your news makes me just want to jump on a flight and join in with you. Without your help in my early days I would never be where I am today. Who would have thought that taking my printer off Draft Printing would solve all my problems with bleading ing? Hahaha!

bumblebee creations said...

Hello Holly!
I love this little image! So cute, and what a great birthday image! Would have never thought to remove the other two flower pots-well, maybe cuz I would have no idea how to do so!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your image and coloring Holly!! so cute and it has the perfect sentiment!!

You do such an awesome job with digitals. I would love to have seen your class. If only I didn't live so far away.

Hugs,
Chris

Cheryl said...

this bunny is so cute thanks for the email you sent me now I can keep in touch love cheryl xxx

msfreida said...

Oh I wish I lived closer too! You are going to blow their minds! What an exciting time! :)

This card is adorable! You are a whiz with your eraser tool! I have a hard time matching DPs too, but you did an awesome job here! Love the look the flower soft gives! Your details always give that finished look!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly! Squigglefly on the road! Wonderful idea and how lucky those folks in Cabot are to have you all do a demo for them! Wish I could be there too. Love your card for today too...and like how you changed the image around a little...digi stamps are so versatile. Have a great day today...glad you are getting nice weather. We are cold and rainy again here in the Illinois Valley... :(

HUGS,
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

very cute bunny card! really like the colors.

wooo hoooo on your new adventure! i sure wish i was there with you. this is gonna blow you guys right off the map! congrats and hugs to ashley & chesney too!

hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I love your card Holly, don't know how you could not be feeling your mojo hun!! The bunny is colored to perfection!! Love the paper combos too!! :) The birthday receiver will LOVE it no doubt!

Good luck on the road hun!! ;) HUGS

Rachel said...

this is such an adorable card! such a sweet bunny. OOOh how EXCITING to go teach about digi stamps. have a great time!!
hugs,
Rachel

Shirley said...

I would have expected Hoppy birthday from you.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awww...I think it turned out cute! and the DP you put together looks fabulous! I love sketches. They really help me a lot with making decisions. :)

Heather the Mooselover said...

Cute bunny- I like how you colored it.

I think it is fantastic that you are teaching about digital images. The other night I was chatting with some stampers and one mentioned that a certain company has started offering digies and a bunch of the ladies booed! LOL