Friday, October 16, 2009

Busted!

Happy Friday everyone! I have had such fun seeing all the wonderful things being made by the design team with Squigglefly's newest images! I hope you have too. You still have time to find the hidden blinkie on Squigglefly's site, because the winners won't be picked until sometime tomorrow. The blinkie you're searching for looks like this



Once you find it, just come to my blog and leave a comment telling me where it is. I'm moderating all the comments so the answer isn't revealed. All the PEOPLE finding the blinkie and leaving a comment telling me where it is will be entered into a random.org drawing where FIVE winners will get to pick two images of their choice. It'll be hard to choose though because there are so many wonderful ones!

edited to add - lots of PEOPLE are leaving me comments saying they're finding the blinkie on some of the design team blogs. Those are not the blinkies you're searching for. The blinkie you want to find is hidden on the Squigglefly store site.

One such image by Cheryl Alger who is an artist new to Squigglefly this month is the one I've used on today's card. This image is called Santa's Oops Helper


(click to enlarge)

I think this is just the cutest image! I love the look on this guy's face! It was really a fun card to color. I colored it with copic markers, and then I ran a glue pen over the ornaments and sprinkled on some glitter. I put a little bit of puff paint on the brim of the elf's hat and chalked a bit in the background. The tops of the ornaments were colored in with a gold glitter gel pen.

Usually when I'm coloring an image I try to think of sentiments to use on cards with it. When I was doing this card one thing kept going through my mind over and over, and I think most of you know my sense of humor can be twisted sometimes so here's the inside of the card




(click to enlarge)

I have so many people on my Christmas card list who need a card like this! I hope you find yourself chuckling over this too!

The copic colors I used on this are these



One more thing I wanted to mention to you. Someone named Sarah wrote me yesterday and asked if I would mention her jewelry site to you all. I went to take a look and thought that with Christmas coming up you may like to take a look, so if that interests you please go have a peek at LuShae Jewelry.

Okay, go hunt for that button if you haven't found it yet, and thanks for stopping by today!

30 comments:

msfreida said...

YEAAAA you did it! This is just what I needed this morning! LOL I LOVE your sense of humor and so does everyone else! ;)

Cheryl did such a FABULOUS job on this lil guy! I can't wait to see what else she has in her bag of tricks! Did you ever do a FANTASTIC job on him! The colors are so bright and I love the layers you put him on! The silver cording and charm are the perfect finishes! I'm sure anyone who receives this card will have a smile on their face all season!

Just 1 more day!!!! YEAAAA

Might have to grab you a sweater this morning! Step outside, and it will definitely wake you up! Riley is gonna love this! :)

Hugs~

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly

This is too cute. Great card.

Vicki said...

Holly you gave me a good laugh this morning with that card!!! Oh and God knows I really needed that today! Love your card...and the balls were so glittery! Yes, I agree that expression on his face is priceless! Hope you have a great day today.

HUGS,
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

bwwwaaahhhaaaahhhaaaaa! and i thought i was funny! i'd just bet together we'd make a good abbot & costello - LOL.

very pretty and very funny!

hugs,

Jenny said...

Holly,
This is too cute & funny! Maybe I could hire you to help me come up with something great for my little brother's 30th bday this December. :)
Jenny

Rachel said...

Oh how cute is this? LOVE your sentiment~lol. Have a Great weekend Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

BWWWHAA!! HAAAA!! You saved the best for last didn't you?!!! I just LOVE this one Holly!! So stinkin' cute!! I love the glittery "balls" and your sentiment is too funny!! TFS! HUGS

Pat - Arkansas said...

I found a blinky on the home page of Rhonda's blog, Bumblebee Creations.

MANDEE said...

I love the saying!!! TOO CUTE~!

Barbara Taylor said...

My creative Expressions,Bumblebee Creations

craft_princess said...

I found the blinkie in the store!!

http://www.squigglefly.com/shop/category/6/24

This is where I found it!! Among lots of PEOPLE!! HEHE!!

Thanks!
-Stacie

Maria Matter said...

oh this is fabulous...such an adorable image, beautiful coloring and I love that his balls sparkle!!!! :)
have a great day!
Blessings, Maria

bumblebee creations said...

Oh I love this one! and your sentiment is soooo you! I love it! Hope you have a great weekend!

Peggy said...

This is fun!! I found the blinkie on page 2 of PEOPLE stamps.

Peggy R

Shazza said...

what a great card, love the image. I found the blinkie on page 2 of the People category of your images.
Fingers croseed here
x

Nanda said...

Hi Holly,

First of all I want to say that your card is great! I like the image, it is something different then the usual images you see with christmas.

I also searched for the blinkie and I found it. I found the blinkie at page two from the category People.

Have a great day!
Greetings, Nanda

Dawn Edwards said...

Oh I love it! Rolling on the floor laughing!

Debby said...

I can think of so many family members who this would be perfect for and they would completely appreciate it! Too funny! Your brave. Anyone cancel a subscription yet?

Tracey said...

This card is too funny Holly! I love that sentiment!!

I'm not sure if this is the post I leave a comment on about the Squigglefly button but I found it on page 2 of the People category. :)

Have a great weekend!! xx

Jane said...

Wow just found your site and can't believe all the gorgeous digi images!

I have found your blinkie in the shop, on page 2 of the "people" section! Thanks for the chance to win some of your gorgeous images! hugs, Jane x

Sherry Sapsford said...

Found it - People page 2. I really do love your stamps.

Sherry

Linda L said...

What a great sentiment! When you aren't looking forward to the holidays and you can't wait till it is over you know you do too much. Your card is so cute.

Linda L said...

Hi again Holly I went to the Squigglefly store to look for the blinkie but I just can't find it. I must just be too tired. I will be back to see who wins and were it is. Thanks for the fun.

chawk8 said...

Love this card....so cute!
I found the Squigglefly button on the second page of the 'people' section. Carol H. in Illinois

Dawn B. said...

I found the blinkie on page 2 of the people section.. Hehe.. at the top..

Your card is terrific.. Made me giggle..

Pat - Arkansas said...

LOL! I found it on page 2 of the PEOPLE category! :)

Tanya said...

That is so funny Holly! Great card.

Joni said...

You did a great job on the image. It's beautiful. The saying is just fantastic. Love your sense of humor!

Pam in Ar. said...

BWAHHHHHH...don't bust your balls!!! I LOVE it!!!!

Marlene said...

Oh my gosh....I realize I'm leaving you a comment nearly a year after the fact...but this is stinkin' HILARIOUS!!!