Monday, October 19, 2009

Celebration Dance

Hi everyone and a happy Monday to you! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was really nice, but they're never long enough.

Today I am happy to announce the winner of the spellbinders impressability I have offered up as a prize to someone who entered last week's Squigglefly challenge to make a Halloween card using orange, black, purple, and an embellishment of a bat, crow, or spider. The winner is Linda L. who created a very ingenious pop up card using the freebie witch image! You can see Linda's creation here. Linda, please contact me at usyungs@gmail.com with your address and I'll mail this right out to you!


Yesterday was featured stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. You know how much I love to participate in that! Yesterday's featured stamper is Riley Fitzgerald and the card I CASED can be seen here.

I kept with the same layout, but I omitted the brads. I used a different image, but I kept with the whole "dance" theme and chose the adorable image Cheryl Alger drew called Lulu In Dance.


(click to enlarge)

I used papers from My Mind's Eye and printed my words out with my computer. The font is ck Becky which is available free here. The copics I used to color this are these




Today is another challenge on the Squigglefly blog, so I'm off to see what Rhonda has to challenge us with today! I hope you have a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

11 comments:

msfreida said...

Congratulations Linda! Your pop-up card ROCKS!

Ms Lulu really is really enjoying herself! This is such an adorable, happy image! Great job on this challenge, Holly! Love the DPs you've used...and ohhhh this sketch is AWESOME! Fabulous job! :)

Hugs~

msfreida said...

She REALLY is! Why don't I proof read these things??? GRRR!

Maria Matter said...

your sentiment is perfect with this image! Beautiful Holly!
blessings, Maria

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow holly! this is fabulous! i love the colors and your coloring is just awesome on this one! i think i'd say..... one of my new holly favs! and i just got that image too!!

wow! awesome!

hugs,

bumblebee creations said...

I love this new image! ADORABLE card!!! Love the papers you have used as well! Congrats to Linda!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

This is a fav image and I just ADORE it!! So fun to work with for sure! LOVE the soft colors and the warm glow behind her!! Lulu is so fab!! :) TFS! HUGS!

Congrats to all the winnners!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a sweet card, Holly!! I so love the cheery color combo you chose!! The image is so adorable. Awesome coloring GF!!
hugs,
Chris

Sew-Ink said...

Very cute, love the image!

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Wow your card is gorgeous, I love the papers...stunning colours & your colouring is amazing.
Hugs Emma x

Pam in Ar. said...

Love that cute little girl =)

Debby said...

Darling! Your coloring is fantastic!