Monday, October 12, 2009

Christmas Joy

Hi everyone and happy Monday (if there is such a thing!) I couldn't let the week go by without participating in the color challenge Stef has given us on the Squigglefly group at Card Universe. This week her challenge is to make a Christmas card using the colors red and green. You can see the other cards submitted for this challenge as well as join in by going here

For my card I chose the cute little carolers image from Squigglefly



(click to enlarge)

I colored the image with copic markers and then added some white flower soft for the snowflakes. I used some stickles on the candle flames as well as the big snowflake embellishment.

The snowflake is a Spellbinders die that I cut out of white cardstock and vellum. The designer paper on the background was wrapped with some of that thin, curly, gold wire I have.

The words were computer generated using word art to get the gentle curve. The font I used is called Liberty and you can grab it free here. update - someone let me know this font is no longer free.

Today is also the Squigglefly blog challenge which I see is to make a Halloween card! Everyone should be able to participate in this because Lynne Stansbery has given everyone a fantastic free witch image! You can get your free witch image here . In fact, if you make a card for the challenge this week and come back here to leave a comment with a link to your card I'll put you in the running to win a Spellbinders Impressability from me! Plus, you've still got all week to enter last Monday's challenge and be in the drawing to win two of the new images being released on Saturday! You can see last week's challenge here.

Only two more days and you'll get to see some of the new images coming to Squigglefly! I'm so excited for you to see them!

Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Doodles said...

beautiful beautiful card i just love christmas xxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

I think your creation is so sweet!! I love the little flames on the candles sparkling!! :)

I've used the FUN freebie witch from Lynne on my challenge card today!! Here is my card!

Thanks so much for the chance at this fun prize!! Who wouldn't want to play along anyway...that witch was so fun!! :) Have a great day Holly!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

Hi Holly!
I adore your card today!!! That image is so fun to color-all the little scarves gives inspiration!!! I have made a card with Lynnes fantastic witch http://bumblcreate.blogspot.com/2009/10/sf-challenge-23.html Thanks for letting us all play along!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a fun card!!! and was a super prize! you're definitely the GOOD WITCH - bwwwaaaahhhaaahhhaaaa!

hugs,

msfreida said...

Ohhh this is sweet! I LOVE this adorable image and this design is AWESOME! Very creative! Love how you curved the sentiment! The gold wire gives just the perfect touch!

I'm definitely in on this next challenge and I can't wait to use Lynn's witch...she reminds me of my ex mother-in-law! LOL! I'm as serious as a heart attack...she REALLY does! God rest her soul!

I'm so excited about the upcoming new images!!! Boy Squigglefly is going to have a smorgasbord of images! :)

Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! There's that gold thread again, I love it!

Rachel said...

This is soooo cute!!
hugs,
Rachel

chelemom said...

This is darling!

Vicki said...

Holly this card is so cute....coloring is superb as always and I really like what you did with the gold wire...that really added some pizzaz! Hope you had a good day.

HUGS,
Vicki

Maria Matter said...

so delightful!

I'm still looking for that perfect image I want to use for the Christmas card challenge...I was thinking of this one...but now I don't want to compete against your coloring!!!! lol hey, there's a gold star involved here! lol
blessings, Maria

Kim said...

Your card is beautiful Holly...I love the way you used the flower soft! Great Idea!!!!!!

Debby said...

Adorable! I love your coloring. I'm always leery on coloring the mouths. like the bellas, but you did fabulous. Luver it! Cute! Ordered me some polar white sf today. You enabler you.