Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Christmas Wishes

Hi everyone! What a fun day I had yesterday! I spent all day long in my craft room and I had such fun listening to the rain pour down and coloring away on the new images! Are you excited about the sneak peeks? There's some fun involved in the pre-release peeks too, so after you see my card, be sure to read about how you can win some of the new images!

For my first sneak peek I chose to use an image drawn by Crissy Armstrong. This darling image is called Santa's Mailbox.



(click to enlarge)


I colored this with copic markers and then went to town on embellishments. I used some teeny buttons on Santa's coat, white flock on his beard and mustache, and some polar white flower soft for the snow on the ground.

Someone asked me about the flower soft the other day, and I think it feels like shredded foam. If you bought one of the white styrofoam balls, or cones they sell and ran it across a cheese grater I think you'd have yourself some white flower soft!
Of course, you'd probably have yourself quite a mess too!

I sponged some blue ink on the background for the sky. The words are computer generated and the paper I used is some free digital paper from Cherie Mask.

Isn't this just the cutest image? There's a ton more coming this Saturday and you'll want to check out the design team's pages today because they're all showing sneak peeks too.

Now how do you win images? Well, today through Friday there is an animated button hidden somewhere on the Squigglefly site. All you have to do is find the button, come back here and leave a comment telling me where the button is. Here's what the button looks like

I'm going to have the comments hidden from view so no one will see your answer. Then on Saturday, random.org will pick FIVE winners. Each winner will get to pick two images of their choice. They don't have to be one of the new images; so if there's an image you've had your eye on you can pick that one!
So, you've got three days to locate the button!

I won't keep you any longer because I know there is lots to see out there, and I know you're going to love what you see! Have a great day, and thanks for looking!

28 comments:

Holly said...

this is a test

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

did it pass the test?????? LOL. if you're testing on how your work looks let me tell you..... it's gorgeous, fabulous, fun, stunning, beautiful, awesome. there! that should do it.

hugs,

msfreida said...

Oh aren't we on the ball this morning! That was a cool treasure hunt kiddo! :) The magic button can be found on pg 2 of the "people" category! YEAAA!

Your card is fabulous! This image is fantastic and I love the DP you used...the dots remind me of those large old fashion Christmas lights! Great choice! The snow and Santa's beard look AWESOME! This is such a bright and cheery Christmas card...LOVE it!

Thanks for the early morning fun!

Hugs~

Deanna C said...

That was fun! I found the button on Page 2 of the People group of stamps. I found lots of fun stamps that I had not seen before. Thanks for a chance to win two images. I especially love the Shy Bears set, but have seen lots of cute cards using many of the other digital stamps also.

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is very nice!

Crissy Armstrong said...

Hi Holly! This is the very first time I have seen this guy fully colored! (I haven't finished coloring mine yet!). I just love the shine you have on the mailbox and holly leaves (ha! holly, Holly!) and the cute polka dot paper. I love the textures you added with the flower soft and the real buttons! So cute!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Holly!
you did an amazing job on this wonderful image...but that's no surprise...your cards are always tops!!!

Blessings, Maria

bumblebee creations said...

Holly-this is great-spectacular!!! Love this image! Going to see if I can find the button!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Holly! I found it but I don't want to give away here where I found it. So I will e-mail you with the link where I found the button/badge.
Thanks,
Betty aka ZacksNana
P.S. Lovely Santa card!!!

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Well, POO! I couldn't find your e-mail address so here is the link to where I found the button/badge.
http://www.squigglefly.com/shop/category/6/24

Thanks for the chance to win some FREE stuff!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

You passed the test! Your card is beautiful...did you use fun flock on his beard???

Debby said...

Shoot! I wouldn't have come over here if I knew there was going to be a test.


harharhar. funny aren't I. not.

love your card. your flock looks much better then mine. i need to get some of that polar white fs. looks pretty.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is so cute holly!

Kim said...

wonderful card Holly! another must have image! Good thing I am working these extra shifts!!!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

What an awesome coloring job! Love the card and snow. I must try Flower Soft sometime!

Jeri said...

Hi Holly--I love your Santa card. I'm really excited because I just found some flocking stuff today. I've been looking all over for it. This will be the perfect image to use it on because I bought red and white. I found the Squigglefly blinkie on Page 2 of the People digital images.

Anonymous said...

You really got me "hopping" to find the animated button on the Squigglefly SITE. I hope I am correct by saying it is on every page on the top left corner - however, it is black - not in the color you've shown it on your October 14 blog.
I do see the animated button the same as you showed on your Oct. 14 blog on YOUR PAGE ON THE LEFT SIDE.
NOW - one of these gotta be correct.
joanne bates

Cheryl said...

oh awsome image love it so beautifuly colured too great design love cheryl xxxx

Cheryl said...

oh awsome image love it so beautifuly colured too great design love cheryl xxxx

Crazy Creations said...

It right on top of your blog blinking I hope Im right .I guess Ill see.Hugs Sarah

Emma said...

Hi Holly
Loving all your cards since my last visit...the images are adorable and fab sentiments as always.
Off to find the button on the Squigglefly site so I shall be back.
Hugs Emma x

Julie said...

I found it...I looked everywhere last night....
I found it on page 2 of the People link for the stamps.
Thanks so much...
Julie
www.creationsbyjulie.blogspot.com

JP Card Crazy said...

Holly I found it on page 2 of People.

Jeanne said...

I hope this is

Jeanne said...

OOPs
I hope this is the right spot for this...... I FOUND THE BLINKIE!!
It's here
http://www.squigglefly.com/shop/category/6/24

Thanks so much
jeanne

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh Holly, this is the cutest!! LOVE the image of course and your coloring!! ;) Love what you've put down for the snow!! That is too cool!! BTW..these sneak peeks have been so fun to play with!! HUGS

Marge said...

I found it! Of course, I've spent over an hour looking over all the images on Squigglefly and pondering just how I would use each one! I was in the "people" section when the Squigglefly appeared! Thanks for entering me in the drawing!
Marge Scharp

Maria said...

Hi Holly ~ what a fun contest! I found the button on the second page of the People category. Hope I am the lucky one. Thanks for the fun contest. Hugs, Maria