Monday, October 26, 2009

Everything's Coming Up Roses

Hi everyone. Here we are in the last week of October! Wow, time sure flies!

Yesterday was the featured stamper challenge on Splitcoast Stampers and you know by now that I love to participate in that challenge. The featured stamper this week has a wonderful gallery, and the card I chose to CASE can be seen here.

I used the same layout and kept with the same theme, but other than that everything is different.



(click to enlarge)

I used an image from Squigglefly called Smelling Sweet and colored it with copic markers. The ground and sky are chalked. I did dirt on the ground rather than grass because the card I CASED has dirt.

I had a heck of a time choosing papers for this card because there were three different ones. I'm still not completely sure I like the combination I ended up with. I used a corner butterfly punch on the layer behind the image panel.

Today is challenge day on the Squigglefly blog and I see that Kim has challenged everyone to make a gatefold card, so I am going to see if I can find some time to play in that challenge later today.

I hope you have a wonderful day and find some time to play too! Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

Holly- I love the papers that you used together!!!! Cant wait to see what you come up with for the challenge! gatefold cards are fun! Your coloring is perfect as always!!!

Tracey said...

Awww, what a sweet card Holly!!

msfreida said...

Ohhhh I LOVE the DPs you chose! These are perfect for the precious image...and look at that coloring...WOW! Your even matting impresses me too! I LOVE the added touches of the butterfly and the flower. This looks FABULOUS! ; )

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, this is very sweet!! :) LOVE the pretty papers behind her and your coloring is always sweet too!! Hope you have a wonderful day hun!! HUGS

Jeanette said...

What a lovely mix of papers. The blues and greens with a touch of pink is just perfect.

Jeanette

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

boy! you tell me i color good???? your coloring is awesome! gorgeous card.

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

Guest Diva?? Congrats!! I just now noticed that, has it been up there long?

Love the DP on the very first layer the best...very pretty...you always do a great job Holly. Thanks for sharing with us =)

Maria Matter said...

such lovely soft colors Holly! Beautiful!
Blessings, Maria

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

SO sweet! Love the soft colours. That image is just so heartwarming!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your soft colors and coloring Holly!! Sweet image!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

So cute! and I love the colors!

Debby said...

She's purty. You done good. Don't question the papers, they look great!

Emma said...

Beautiful card and soooo pretty... the papers are gorgeous.
Hugs Emma x