Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fan Mail

Good morning everyone! Man I have been seeing so many wonderful creations out there on all of the blogs. Squigglefly's design team blew me away with all the wonderful gatefold cards they made. I'm still working on mine! I also need to get cracking on Stef's color challenge at the Squigglefly group on card universe! So many wonderful blogs to visit and so many fun challenges to do, but not enough time to do them all!

It was with this thought in mind that I created today's card.




(click to enlarge)

I used the cute little Computer Shy Bear from Squigglefly to create a fun shaker card!

First I printed out a sheet full of fun blogs I love to visit. I added a few made up names too just for fun. Do you spot your blog on there? :)
I colored the computer shy bear with copic markers and then I cut the shape of the image out of the sheet of blog names and glued it down around the image. I could have cut the bear out and glued him directly on the sheet, but I thought cutting the shape out of the paper would make the edges less noticeable than doing it the other way.

I used a piece of foam core board to mount the whole thing on, and cut a hole in it to hold my shaker pieces. I chose hearts since this is indicative of how much I love the blogs I visit, but wouldn't some little bugs be cute for someone who's having problems with their computer? Or draw little envelopes to put in there for "mail"!

Once I had the hearts in there, I glued down the back piece making sure that the "You've Got Mail" showed through the window, and then I simply wrapped the piece of paper with all of the blog names on it around the foam core like it was a present.

I could simply back it with a piece of white card stock and write my message on there, but I'm going to mount it on the front of a folded card so I can write on the inside of that.

It's a rainy day here, and I'd so love to be home working on those challenges, but I must get to work instead! I hope you are having a fantastic day, and thanks for looking!

21 comments:

Mel M. M. McCarthy said...

This is SOOOOOOh cute! What a completely Brilliant idea to have the blogs as DP and the shaker. SO adorable it's unbelievable! Thanks for the cutest inspiration on the planet. :o)

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly....how creative!!!! Love the idea of the paper and the shaker!! Very nicely done! I have a lot of catching up to do as I have been gone for over a week now...Raining here today too but not supposed to be an all day event.

HUGS,
Vicki

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow!! How clever!! I just love how you designed this Holly with the cut out to make the computer screen and all the words!!! The shaker is too creative!! Love it girl!
hugs,
Chris

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

leave it to you! this is fabulous. i love that idea for the background paper - genius!!!!

i love, love, love shaker cards. however, i have a hard time with them. would love some help????

hugs,

msfreida said...

Well you've done it again! Your undeniable creativity leaps off this card! HOW BRILLIANT! What a FABULOUS idea to make your background paper...SOOO original! Using the screen for a shaker box is way too cool! I've never made one, but this just might push me in that direction! What an AWESOME way to showcase this precious image! I LOVE IT! :)

Hugs~

Bonibleaux Designs said...

Oh my but what a lot of work you put in to this little creation! Absolutely adorable!

Jeanette said...

This is just too darn cute and clever.

Holly you are the best.

Jeanette

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

I agree! the DT's gatefold cards turned out awesome! and I know what you mean about all the challenges and not enough time. It's like....just as I find time to get to one, the challenge is over...LOL

CUTE card!!!

Pam in Ar. said...

You are so creative Holly...you just amaze me! Great card....

Debby said...

you do have a brilliant mind. but you don't need anyone to tell you that do you. Love the card and the idea. yes it is brilliant and i hate shaker cards. i am shaker card challenged among being challenged with other things. how about a tutorial?

bumblebee creations said...

Holly! Love your idea!!! How totally cool is that! I have never mad a shaker card before. Another thing I need to try!

Rachel said...

OMGoodness how adorable Holly!! I absolutely love this. Fabulous job!!
hugs,
Rachel

Heather the Mooselover said...

Holly- I love how you integrated that background with the image and then made that cool screen for the computer. Really nice!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! Holly, you always do something sooo clever!!! I think this is just awesome!! How awesome that you've used that as the background!!! You are always full of ideas lady!! I love this!! YOU ROCK!

MANDEE said...

What a GREAT idea!!!

Emma said...

Fantastic card & great idea...love the shy bears.
Hugs Emma x

Kim said...

What a great card Holly! I love this image and your shaker card is such a great idea!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! I just wanted to let you know that I have linked up your creation to Mister Linky for you!! :) Don't know why it wasn't there for you, but it's there now. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight and you KNOW I lurves this!! So creative hun!!

scrapperjulia said...

This is so clever! Love the shaker box, the whole card is fabulous!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! It's me again!! Just wanted to let you know that you won TOP 3 at Saturday Spotlight!! WOOT!! Be sure to collect your Top 3 badge!! :)

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness this is fun.. You have such a creative mind.. LOVE IT.. Congrats on being in the top 3.