Good morning everyone! I want to thank Heather from Stamping The Details for passing on this award to me
In accepting this award I have to list ten things about myself and pass this on to five other people. The five blogs I pass this award on to are all admired by me for their fantastic creativity. I know if you visit you are sure to find some wonderful eye candy. They are in no particular order
1. Scrappy Jane's Designs
2. Oh My Cuppy Cake
3. Expressions With Heart
4. VL Designs
5. Tray's Spot
Now let's see if I can come up with ten things about me you don't already know
1. My first pet was a parakeet named Louie.
2. I was born in Houston, Texas.
3. My husband and I were married by a justice of the peace with no witnesses.
4. I've known my best friend since the 9th grade.
5. I once took the GED for a friend of mine so she could say she had it. I thought it was pretty bad that I could just walk in there and tell them I was her and take the test so later I called the newspaper and told them how easily it could be done. They've changed things since then!
6. I wet my pants during mass in Catholic school when I was in the 1st grade and let another girl get blamed for it.
7. I hate spiders (and most bugs really).
8. When I was 8 my friend and I pooled all of our easy bake oven mixes and baked up everything we had for a real feast. We drank dill pickle juice with our baked goods.
9. I am pretty bad at coming up with ten things about myself to tell people.
10. I didn't have my first professional massage until this year.
Today is card giveaway day. All you have to do is leave a comment on this post and tomorrow afternoon I'll have random.org pick a person to receive the card along with an envelope (so you can mail it or keep it!)
Here's today's card
(click to enlarge)
I printed out the adorable Slippery Sled Shy Bear from Squigglefly and colored it with copic markers. Then I went to town with the faux flower soft! I wanted it to look thick like snow drifts so I applied crystal lacquer and then sprinkled the faux flower soft on and let it sit for a bit and then I pressed it in and added a little more.
I flocked the brim of his hat and then glued on a tiny pom pom. The card base is a periwinkle blue and I embossed a piece of vellum with a snowflake Spellbinder impressability to lay over that.
I tied a white sheer ribbon around the top and tied on a iridescent snowflake charm. I got a ton of those snowflakes at the dollar store! I dressed this one up a bit with a blue gem in the center. The envelope has a few hero art snowflakes stamped in brilliance sky blue ink and then brushed with some pearl ex for extra shimmer.
It's a card with a lot of texture! Like it? Well, don't forget to comment! Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by!