Friday, October 23, 2009

Happy About School

Happy Friday everyone! What a fabulous week this has been! I found out yesterday that one of my sisters who was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma is now cancer free! She still has the disease, but the chemo pill she's been taking has worked and she may not have to undergo the bone marrow transplant she has scheduled in December! That just put me on cloud nine!

A couple of weeks ago Jenny from Inky Wishes who is on the Squigglefly design team announced that she is going to be going back to school. It's something she's wanted to do, but until now hasn't been able to. I could just tell from her post about it that she was really excited about it. So, I wanted to make her a card to let her know how happy I am for her and to wish her the best.


(click to enlarge)

I used the Back To School image Squigglefly has and colored it with copic markers. The designer papers are from Stampin Up, and I printed the sentiment directly on to the paper.
It's a simple card, but it let her know I was thinking of her. If you get a chance, drop by and congratulate her!

On a sad note you may have read on the Squigglefly blog that Vicki Parson from Stamped Smiles will be leaving the design team near the end of November. Vicki needs to spend more time with her family, which I certainly understand and agree with, but she will be sorely missed!

I've finally taken the plunge and sent off eight cards to be considered for publication, so wish me luck on that! I hope you all have a great day, and thanks for stopping by!

edited to add - Today Heather has an article in Craft Critique on Squigglefly! If you go check it out you might find something at the end of the article to save you money.

13 comments:

Chesney said...

Only 8? What happened to the dozen we set aside?

msfreida said...

OH HOLLY! OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED! Praise GOD! What wonderful news and I will continue to pray for her recovery! God bless her! :)

I'm so happy for Jenny too! What a smart decision she has made! She will LOVE the card you made for her! You did a BEAUTIFUL job and I LOVE this sketch! Ohhh your apple is colored sooo well! ;)

I hate to see Vicki leaving the design team too, but can definitely understand her situation! Spending time with our family is the most important and rewarding thing we can do. I will certainly miss seeing her FABULOUS creations with the SF images.

I am SOOO proud to hear that you have sent cards off for publication...FINALLY! ; ) I know, without a doubt, they will see your creative talent in each card you make! (doing cartwheels here!) :)

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

how fabulous to realize a dream. kudos and much luck to jenny. she's gonna love this card. it's fabulous.

yes. vicki will be missed at squigglefly. can you see my tears!!!!! but i know her other hiding places!

and you WILL get published. have you seen what's in those magazines?????? your cards are by far better than some that show up in them - in my opinion. but i'll say a prayer for that little extra luck.

hugs,

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congrats to Jenny on following her dream. She is going to love this thoughtful card Holly!! Gorgeous coloring and design!!

I am sorry to see Vicki leaving Squigglefly. Her creations using these images is always incredible.

I hope you have something published!! I have never tried that and do not even know where to start.

hugs,
Chris

Heather the Mooselover said...

What a great card- what a special way to show your support for Jenny to return to school.

I was so sad when I heard the news that Vicki was leaving the DT. I wasn't surprised though- her plate has really grown exponentially in these last few months.

Good for you for submitting your work for publication. I hope you'll share the good news with us (I am 100% optimistic)!

Shawna said...

Congratulations and I hope you are picked! And best wishes to your sister. They are making great strides in controlling that disease. Hugs to you both!

Jenny said...

Thanks for the great card Holly! And thanks for all the congrats sent my way! :)
Jenny

bumblebee creations said...

Holly---I am so happy to hear of your sis's great news!!!! Love your card--can't wait to hear how many cards are picked, as I am sure you will have some! Off to check out the article.

Pam in Ar. said...

That is wonderful news about your sister Holly! I know you must feel such relief =) Go out and do something you wouldn't usually do...I know she's going to love the card.

Good luck with your cards that you sent off, I hope someone sees what they've been missing......

Have a great Friday and an even better weekend =)

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Holly, that is such wonderful news about your sister....woohoo!!!! That brings happy tears to my eyes!!!

Your card is adorable and very thoughtful!!!
Best wishes for being published!!!! I'm sure now that you started submitting your cards...you'll have lots published!!!
Blessings, Maria

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! :) I really LOVE this image...I got it myself!! You layout is wonderful and I'm so happy to hear about your friend being healthy and also going back to school!! That is a big step for sure!! I hope that you get some publishings!! You're very talented and I think it would be great to see you in print my friend!!

I'm not going to STOP using my Squigglefly images!! Oh no...don't think I could totally set them all aside like that!! But I will certainly be missing having close contact with all my friends at SF!! I wish you all the best though!! HUGS

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oooooooooh............I LOVE this!! I love how vibrant the coloars are and the layout is perfect!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ooops...wanted to add congrats to your sister! that's wonderful news! and good for jenny!! I'm sorry for all the different posts. Trying to get caught up! LOL