Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hi everyone! I hope you are all staying well! I keep hearing about more and more people getting the flu!

Yesterday Rhonda challenged the Squigglefly design team to make a Thanksgiving card using a Squigglefly sentiment. The design team did a really great job too, the cards are all so varied!

Luckily with the new release they just had over the weekend there is now a wonderful Thanksgiving Sentiment that Nina Brackett drew. I think it not only makes a lovely card, but would also make pretty place settings.

Anyway, I decided to join in on the challenge by using Nina's design on this card




(click to enlarge)

I colored the leaves with copic markers and then ran a clear embossing pen over the swirls and embossed some copper colored glittery embossing powder over it. I sponged the edges and then mounted it on to two differnt colors of cardstock.

I used some skeleton leaf stamps that I believe are from GG Designs with a close to cocoa ink on some kraft cardstock and mounted both pieces on to some green cardstock. I found some lovely shimmery copper ribbon in my stash and tied that around it all and placed all of it on a card base that is a yellowy orange color - I think it's Apricot Appeal from Stampin Up.

This is a really quick card to make if you are making a lot of Thanksgiving cards! I love Nina's sentiment images; she always has such pretty fonts and sweet images to go with them.

Tomorrow is card give away day, so I hope you come back for that! Have a great day, stay safe and well, and thanks so much for looking!

13 comments:

msfreida said...

HOW BEAUTIFUL! This is a FABULOUS image...LOVE the fonts! What you did with those fun swirlies is GORGEOUS! And look at those skeleton leaves...perfect background! This is FANTASTIC, HOLLY!

Hugs~

Jeanette said...

Hi Holly,

This is a gorgeous card. I didn't know you were a ggdesigns fan too. Great.

Jeanette

bumblebee creations said...

Hi HOlly! Lovely card! Love the colors you used! They even closed down our schools for two days -so that they could disinfect them, cuz of that flu!!! I am home again with the kids today, but Emily seems all better-I just wanted to make sure though!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful fall creation Holly!! Love your stamped background and colors!! Great font!!

HOpe you have a fab day!!
hugs,
Chris

Maria Matter said...

this is lovely Holly! I really like her sentiments too!

I made some Holly soft and will showcase a card tomorrow using it! Where would you like me to link...to your post with the video or right to your video! I'll be linking to you/your blog in general too! Can't thank you enough for giving us an economical alternative!
Blessings, Maria

Tricia said...

I was just referred to your blog by a stampin up associate. Love your stuff! Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! This is just so pretty!! Love the glittery swirl on this!! :) I didn't have any sentiments for this one..so I sat this one out! Hope you're having a great day!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Fun sentiment with the beautifully colored leaf and touch of sparkle!

Cheryl said...

this is gorgous hun so beautifully colured too love cheryl xxxx

Linda L said...

Beautiful card Holly! Love the leaves on the kraft paper.

Michelle said...

Beautiful card! Love the copper touches. :)

Debby said...

Fab card! I have a few gg design stamps too. Need to find them.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This turned out great!