Saturday, October 3, 2009

Hi everyone! Today is world cardmaking day and I'm so glad because I need to make some cards. My stash is getting really low and plus I need to make some new ones to show ya'll! I hope you have some kind of crafting fun in your plans today.

Today is the very first challenge of Vicki's Saturday Spotlight Challenge, so if you need some inspiration to get you started I'd suggest you head over there!

Stef was busy this weekend, so I'm filling in for her at the color challenge on card universe. You can see the details here if you feel like playing along, and Squigglefly has given a free image too so be sure to grab it while you're there!

The challenge I came up with is to make yellow your main color and have something on your card popped up. You can pop up a whole panel, part of an image, or even make the inside a pop up! Here is the card I made as a sample


(click to enlarge)

I used the Bouquet Shy Bear and printed it three times so I could cut out and pop up some of the flowers. Did you notice the background is the one I made the other day (see here) with the Spellbinders Impressabilities?

Here's a close up of the dimension on the flowers



And here are the copic colors I used



This card really gave me some trouble. I had my image all colored and knew the colors I was using, but I could not decide on a layout I liked. I ended up letting it sit overnight thinking it would all come together the next day, but it didn't. I took it apart and put it together about three times.

Once i got the layout I kept debating on embellishments, but nothing I added looked right. I finally left it alone to let the popped up flowers take center stage. The words are computer generated. I hope you like it, and that you feel inspired to come join the challenge.

Whatever you do, enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by to see me!

11 comments:

msfreida said...

OH HOLLY! This is so AWESOME! Your flowers are definitely an eye-catcher! I love how you did your embossing! Boy you really know how to work that border punch ...my corners NEVER come out like this! Of course I love your coloring too! Your highlights on the container are fabulous! I am going to have to CASE this card the next time I use this image! Absolutely love it!

I hope I get a chance to play this weekend! Looks like Sara and her crew will be coming home again for a few days. I'm definitely getting too old for this! LOL

Enjoy your weekend! :)
Hugs~

Pam in Ar. said...

Holly, you are a MASTER at coloring...thanks for sharing with us ALMOST every day lol, I appreciate the time and energy you put into things...

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Holly, this is just absolutely GORGEOUS lady!! The image and popped up details are just perfect!! You've done an excellent job with the color challenge and I plan on doing something for that for sure!! Thanks for the mention of Saturday Spotlight girl!! :) It's so exciting and I hope you can play with us!! HUGS

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is so beautiful!
Have a nice weekend

Kat said...

WOW! What an impact -- these colors just pop out at me, and so do the flowers, of course! The sparklies often just 'complete' a card, don't they?
Your coloring is purrfection, Holly! :-)

Rachel said...

Holly this is gorgeous!! beautiful job.
hugs,
Rachel

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

this is so cute holly! thanks for the inspiration!

Kim said...

Holly this card is amazing! I love the rich colors you used and the popped flowers are beautiful!!!

Vicki said...

Holly your challenge card is absolutely stunning! Love the dimension you gave it...and to look at it...don't look like it gave you trouble to me! So beautiful.

HUGS!

Vicki

Debby said...

I can't believe I didn't tell you how dang cute this is!!! Wowza. Love the flower dimensions and the nestie and the colors. Really gorgeous!

Christy Dillman said...

Lovin' this card with shy bear, fantastic! Those flowers are GORGEOUS!!!