Saturday, October 17, 2009

Making A Scene In The Spotlight

Hi everyone! Big day today with lots to tell you so I hope you hang in with me to the end! First of all today is the day that the new images you've been seeing the past few days can be purchased from Squigglefly!
Also, there's still a little time to find the hidden blinkie, so while you're there eyeing the new images browse a little further and try to find this



When you find it come back to my blog and leave me a comment telling me where it was. This will put your name in the drawing (via random.org) where FIVE people will when their choice of two free images! I'm going to do the drawing and announce the winner a little later on.

The next bit of news I have is this



yes, Vicki asked me to be a guest diva for this week's Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential! What an honor it was to be asked! This week the challenge is to create a scene. Well, I really wanted to go all out to make a scene and digital stamps are PERFECT for making scenes because you can re-size them so the scale is always exactly right!

The card I made has SIX different Squigglefly images on it! Can you spot them all?



(click to enlarge)

First off we have the main park scene called A Walk In The Park which has the couple walking down the path. Down on the lower left is the little For You turtle waiting to cross the walk way. The poor man with the dog (Doggone It!) is stuck on the path while his dog barks at the non-plussed cat (Inky Paws. Further in the background are two young girls telling secrets (Gossip Girls), and a teenager out in the park with her cell phone (Cell Girl). A typical day at the park!

I colored the image with copic markers and chalk. The words are computer generated and I used punches for the flower and leaf sprigs. I embossed the card with a provo craft embossing folder and added stickles to the flower center. The whole time I was coloring this I was humming Saturday In The Park, I think it was the 4th of July!

Well, since you may have seen this card on Vicki's challenge blog already today, I wanted to have something new for you here so I made another card that I think still qualifies as a scene.



(click to enlarge)

This card uses one of the new images by brand new to Squigglefly artist Eline Pellinkhof. I love the adorable images Eline has drawn! This one is called Flower Umbrella.

I colored it with copic markers and then created the water, grass, and sky with chalk. I stamped some grass sprigs over the chalk for dimension. I sewed on little yellow seed beads for the inside of the flower. The words are computer generated.

Tonight is digi day at Squigglefly's group on card universe at 7:00 central. Stef and I have had such a busy week that we're just going to make it a fun, easy evening, but there will be a prize so I hope you will join us!

Whew, what a long post! I hope you enjoyed it, and I thank you so much for stopping by!

14 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly these are BOTH such stunning scene creations hun!! I still can't believe all of those images you've used!! SOOO Cool!! SF has so many cool things going on!! How fun!! :) I want to thankyou again for being our guest designer this week..we are thrilled to have you!! HUGS

msfreida said...

OHHH I'm so excited for you! CONGRATS! The first card is the coolest thing! How creative to use all those images together! This looks FABULOUS! I've used 2...but NEVER 6!!!

The second card is one used with one of my favorites of the new images! Oh you aced this scene, GF! LOOK at that reflection in the water!!!And ohhh this sky!!!! You are just amazing with those Copics and chalks! Love the DP. The little beads really are PERFECT for that precious flower. I can't wait to get my hand on this image!

I hope I get to join y'all tonight...if only for a bit! We are supposed to watch football with friends...but I may "feel" a headache coming on!

Hugs~

Jenny said...

Holly, both cards are fabulous!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well a big congrats on GD for vicki! that's like winning an oscar in my book!!!!! wooo hooo and holy moly on that card! is it ever fabulous! only you could do something so grand!!!! which is why i love you.

hugs,

Maria Matter said...

You are amazing Holly! This is so fabulous....a perfect scene!!!
You definitely rocked this challenge! So glad you're a Spotlight Diva with us this week!!!!

hope to see you tonight...if I'm home in time!
take care
blessings, Maria

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a fun filled scene you have created!! And not 1 but 2 creations ... Awesome job! It's wonderful having you as our Guest Diva this week! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your awesome creations in the weeks to come! Enjoy your weekend!!

bumblebee creations said...

what a super great scene Holly!!! Wow-that was a lot of coloring, and a perfect job you did of it, as always!! I have to run for a while-but can't wait to get home and go shopping at SF!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Holly!! It was so fun to have you as a Gdt this week!! I so love you and your creations!! You did such a wonderful job on both of these scenes. I love all the intricate details and coloring on the first and that frog is just too sweet for words. You are incredible girl!!

Have a great weekend!!

hugs,
Chris

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

What a great card holly! so creative! and congrats on the guest spot! that's wonderful!!

Dawn B. said...

I am so happy you joined us this week.. I love your image.. It is perfect for this challenge.. I am loving Squigglefly images.. They are new for me.

P.S. I found the blinkie on the second page of the PEOPLE category... I was paying attention..haha...

Jessica G. said...

Wow -- now that's an impressive scene and so cute, too! I never would have guessed that you combined so many images; your scenery is seamless!! Thanks for joining us in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!

Crystal said...

Holly both of these are wonderful, your coloring looks awesome!!!! So much fun having you with us this week!!!

Debby said...

Once a Diva always a Diva. Both are great. The froggie is pefect. I never think of doing scenes and this rawks!

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL...that cute little puppy acts like my Stella..such a stinker! Two great cards...that first one had a lotof coloring to it...great job!