Sunday, October 25, 2009

Santa's Such A Sucker

Hi everyone! So how many of you set your clocks back last night? I read on two different blogs yesterday reminders to people to set their clocks back and it's not until NEXT weekend! LOL! My sister had already set her clocks back when I reminded her.
I had such fun yesterday coloring and playing in my craft room, but I didn't stay inside all day long because the weather here is just gorgeous. My absolute favorite time of year!

I did pop over to see what the Saturday Spotlight challenge was and had to play along! When I saw it was a treat holder, the first thing that popped in to my head was a lollipop holder!


(click to enlarge)

I chose to use the Santa's Mailbox image from Squigglefly and I cropped the image to just Santa's head before I printed it. I colored it with copic markers and then added flock to the brim and ball of the hat. I've had several requests from people asking me to make a video showing how I color and shade, so I did film the coloring of this. You can view the video at the end of this post, or you can watch it on youtube HERE.

I used some red and white snowflakes from a provo craft snowflake die and glued them to the top corner of the sucker holder and then added some stickles to it. Here's a close of the holder so you can see the flock and the snowflake better



(click to enlarge)

On the inside of the holder I stamped Happy Holidays from Stampin Up's Many Merry Messages set in Stazon white. I also stamped a little snowflake from Hero Arts.


(click to enlarge)

The holder is really easy and fast to make. You just cut a piece of cardstock 6 1/2" x 3" and score at 2 3/4" and then again at 3 1/4". Punch a hole in between the scored lines in the center for your sucker to go through. Fold up on the score lines and keeping the bottom flat line up your slot punch so the shorter end will slip under the flap. Then just decorate to suit your fancy!

Here's the video I promised, and thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

msfreida said...

Yeaaa... I got to peek over your shoulders to watch you color! This was FABULOUS Holly...thanks for taking the time to video it! I learned why my blush never comes out right...I have been adding mine at the end of the coloring...I guess since blush is the last step I do when I wear makeup, it only came natural! I LOVE to learn something new everyday! :) Thanks!

I LOVE this lil lollipop holder! Wish I had thought about that with my 1st graders! What a GREAT way to add a special touch to those lil 'happys'! ; )

Hugs~

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

so? are you taking vicki's vitamins????? you are soooooooo on a super roll lately. love the sucker holder and super video.

i feel like i'm at a loss on my blog lately. like i'm getting boring. please tell me i'm not getting BORING!!!! just life has been quiet right now - which is good - but i feel my humor is slipping. heaven help me!

hugs,

Jeanette said...

You did it again Holly. This treat holder is cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

Jeanette

Debra said...

Holly, thanks for the kind words you left on my blog. You are so talented and I hope to learn a lot. Santa is awesome! I plan to check back with you often :)

Maria Matter said...

Super Holly!
You do it all....and we love it!!!! I'm so happy you're one of my inspirations! :)
This is an adorable treat holder...beautiful coloring!!!

Enjoy your day!
blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi,Just found your site last night.Love it. Love the santa.I watched the tutoeial you have on printing your greeting using word.Is there any chance you could do one on the inside verse,on what to set the margins ect.
My e-mail is bjperr2@gmail.com
I couldn't see where I could contact by email.
Thanks Jocelan

bumblebee creations said...

Love it Holly!!!! Cant wait to watch the video! Looking so forward to the new release too! Hope you have had a marvelous weekend!

Biscuitlid said...

cute treat holder.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

aah - Uk Summertime has officially ended and our clocks did go back yesterday, I googled it and different countries change on different dates - I never knew that!

Victoria
x

Rachel said...

This is adorable Holly!! love this lollipop holder. hmmm maybe i will make some of these for my girls preschool and kindergarten classes. Thanks for such a great idea!!
hugs,
Rachel

Dawn B. said...

This turned out great.. your coloring is super.. I love that you made it Christmasy... It is perfect for the holidays.. I love this Santa face...super tutorial too.. I struggle with reds in copics..

Dawn B. said...

oops I got so excited about your treat that I forgot to say thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is the coolest idea and your coloring is fabo...have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Kim said...

What a great idea Holly! Love how you did Santa!!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OHHHH WOW!! Holly, this is just sooo cool!! Thank you so much for the tutorial on how to make one of these...I've been wanting to try one out for the loongest time!! So I really appreciate that!! :) I sooo love your fun project hun!! I'm sooo glad that you've joined us at Saturday Spotlight hun!! Your work is just awesome!! HUGS

Also...thank you for the tut about your coloring too!! You always have something really cool to share!! :)

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Nice project and great tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

Vicki said...

Oh Holly!! This was soo sweet! I love what you did with the image and and it was so cool to be able to see you color!! Thanks for sharing your video with us.

HUGS,
Vicki

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

This is adorable!! so vibrant and creative! I can't believe the time is flying like it is! thanks for the reminder abut the time change.

Debby said...

you did it on purpose :-) ha time to set your clocks back (tee hee). Love the Santa, thanks for the tute. I don't care how many classes I take copic frustrates me sometimes cause I just want to color!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

What a fantastic, cute idea! Thanks for the tutorial ... I'll be trying this myself for the kids in the neighborhood! Thanks too for joining us at Saturday Spotlight! Awesome idea ... can't wait to see what you come up with next week!

Jessica G. said...

Definitely a sweet treat -- awesome coloring and the flocking is the perfect embellishment! Thanks for playing in this week's Spotlight challenge!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

what a fun idea Holly!! Thanks for showing how you made it!! I am going to have to make some of these!! Awesome coloring and use of the flocking friend!!
Hugs,
Chris