Thursday, October 8, 2009

Smiles Across The Miles

Hi everyone! If you haven't yet commented on yesterday's card and you'd like the chance of winning it, be sure to go check it out here

Last night Helen Dooley posted a card she made on the Squigglefly group at Card Universe. It was such a great card that I wanted to share it with ya'll. It's a card I think so many of us can relate to. You can see Helen's card here.

The big Squigglefly image release will be October 17th. There are TWO NEW artists who will be making their debut with Squigglefly, as well as some new images from Crissy Armstrong, Lynne Stansbery, Nina Brackett, and Tracey Malnofski. I promise you don't want to miss it. Plus there will be a fun little game to play that will give you a chance to win some of the new images.

You really should sign up for the Squigglefly newsletter so you can be in on everything that's happening! Just enter your e mail on the top right of the home page!

Speaking of winning free images, there's still time to play in the Squigglefly challenge! all you have to do is make a pink and blue card using a squigglefly image. If you enter your card in the Mr. Linky you will be put in a drawing to win two free images from the new release!

Today I have a simple but cute card that uses one of the new digital shy bears by Lynne Stansbery. This one is Snail Mail Bear



(click to enlarge)

I colored him with copic markers and sponged some Stampin Up Bliss Blue ink in the background for the sky. The ground is colored with a green copic marker and then I scribbled the same green copic directly onto my grass sprigs rubber stamp and stamped it on top. You have to be quick to use copics directly on rubber because it dries so fast, but it can be done!

I added a little bit of shine to the tulips with a glitter gel pen. The words are computer generated with a font called Never.

I kept looking at this card trying to decide if I wanted to add any flowers, or buttons, or bows and finally just rounded the corners and left it alone. I think when I'm not feeling creative I tend to add embellishments just to "be" creative but they didn't work for this card. Besides, the image is cute enough on it's own don't ya think?

There is an image I've got all colored and ready for a card, I just haven't been able to figure out what to do. Hopefully I'll have that finished for you tomorrow.
I hope you have a really great day, and thanks for looking!

10 comments:

msfreida said...

What a clean design! I LOVE it! LOVE how you used this precious image and what a great sentiment! LOVE the font...thanks for the link!

Helen really tells it like it is! What a FABULOUS way to use that image and can I ever relate! ;) She's such a clever cookie!

I hope I get a chance to play today...so many challenges behind! Hubby has been off all week (ekkk!) and it has definitely cut into MY time!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Holly your card is so cute and sweet...coloring is phenominal. I think you were right...it don't need anything else, perfect the way it is. Thanks for the link to the font...it is a cute font. I am trying to do more with creating my own sentiments (computer generated) and I need more fonts! Helen's card was superb as well. Thanks tons for sharing and have a wonderful day! See ya tomorrow!

HUGS,
Vicki

Pam in Ar. said...

You're right Holly..the card doesn't need anything else.
Those Shy Bears, sure are cute =) Of course your coloring is awesome! You ROCKED it......

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

those shy bears are gonna take over the world! fabulous!

hugs,

Heather the Mooselover said...

Nice card- I like how you kept it clean and simple.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Holly!! WOW!! This is stunning!! The colors are so soft and pretty!! I love this shy bear...I think it's one of my favs so far!! :) I think it's perfect hun!! Have a great day!! HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

I love this little guy! Your card is so cute!!! You were tight -it didn't need anything else! Cant wait til the 17th! Yeah!

Heather said...

Super cute!! I need to go print mine now.. :)

Maria Matter said...

I just love this and these little bears! So Adorable!!!
Blessings, Maria

Tanya said...

Beautiful card Holly. Your colouring is superb.