Friday, October 30, 2009

Snow Much Fun

Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you! I'm excited to be able to show you one of the images that will be among the MANY new images being released by Squigglefly on Sunday.


(click to enlarge)

Isn't this just the happiest snowman you've ever seen? This was drawn by the oh so talented Cheryl Alger and is called "Catching Snow". I colored it with copic markers and colored pencils, and I went a little different with this by using some pastel colors. I really love how it turned out, but this image is so cute I could do nothing to it and I'd like it!

The sketch is for this week's sketch challenge on Splitcoast stampers only I flipped it on it's side. The big snowflake embellishment in the corner is from Spellbinders snowflake die. I rubbed a little blue chalk on it before removing it from the die and then I squirted a bunch of light blue stickles all over it. There is faux flower soft at the snowman's feet and a light chalking of yellow behind him.

The designer paper is from a new pad I just bought at JoAnne's. It's Brenda Walton designs for K and Company. There are a lot of very pretty double sided papers in the pad.

Be sure to check out Squigglefly's design team blogs (listed on the left of my blog) because some of them are showing sneak peeks of the new images too! Plus, there's even more exciting news about this release on the Squigglefly blog, so be sure to check that out!

I'm home from work today because the rain that started yesterday has not let up and there won't be much business being conducted since I work for a construction company. So, I figured what better day to take a day's vacation? I'll be happily in my craft room today! I hope your day is a fabulous one, and thanks for looking!

25 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Holly. What a fab card. I love the new image, how exciting that all these new images are coming out. I will definately be coming to get some. Thank you for sharing this one with us.
Love Sandra xx

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh yeah! i'm with you.... i love that snowman!!! and with what you've done to him.... i REALLY love that snowman!

looks like my computer problem is fixed - yay! and it's raining here too! too bad we can't "craft" together! LOL.

hugs,

msfreida said...

Well this one will definitely make you smile! :) Look at those knees...I LOVE HIM! FABULOUS job, Cheryl! Holly, your magical hands really make him POP! Love the tip about leaving the die on to add color! Hope I can remember to do that! ;) Love your snow! This is one ADORABLE card!

Can't wait to see what SF has up their sleeve! If this new image is any indication, Santa came early! :)

Hope you enjoy your day off... oh I wished we lived closer too!

Hugs~

Vicki said...

Good morning Holly! Oh that little guy is so darn sweet, what a wonderful job you did with it! Love the soft colors you used and that fake snow is awesome. I am going to have to try some of that soon. You did a great job on the embelly too...I am really looking forward to the new images! Have a great day playing...wish I was there with you playing along side ya!

HUGS,
Vicki

Jeanne said...

Oh Holly it's GORGEOUS!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE snowmen!! I NEED that stamp!!
You are such a talented lady!
TFS!!

Linda L said...

Holly he is soooo cute!!! I love the way you colored his. I love those legs.

Shawna said...

Terrific card Holly. Love that snowman!

Rachel said...

OMGosh how adorable!!! LOVE all the sparkle!! such a cute image. fabulous job Holly!!
hugs,
Rachel

bumblebee creations said...

ooooo I love him!!! He is so darn cute! Love what you did with him too, Holly! Has your package arrived yet? That po!!! heehee

Kim said...

Oh Holly I love this snowman!!!!!! Your card is amazing!
Can't wait till Sunday! I need this snowman!!!!!

Katie Renz said...

That is VERY, VERY cute image. Love your coloring and all the sparkle. And how ingenious with the faux flower soft.

Jeanette said...

Holly, I'm really loving these snowmen. I love how you added sparkle and snow.

Jeanette

Pam in Ar. said...

Hope you've had a great day in your craft room! Love the nobby knees on this guy...Christmas will be here before we know it!!

Pam in Ar. said...

Hope you've had a great day in your craft room! Love the nobby knees on this guy...Christmas will be here before we know it!!

Pam in Ar. said...

sorry..got a little carried away with the publish button LOL

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cute snowman!!! I just love him!! The coloring of course is fab!! Oh I hope Christmas does not come too quick. I am so not ready!!
hugs,
Chris

Biscuitlid said...

he's a cute fella! Great card, everything goes together so well

Victoria
x

Tracey said...

What an adorable snowman! Love your card Holly!! xx

Maria Matter said...

I really like this snowman! The coloring and sparkle are wonderful Holly! Fabulous snowflake too!
Great job!!!
Blessings, Maria

I was able to use Holly soft again, but I guess we're calling it faux flower soft now....I like Holly Soft better! haha

Heather said...

Holly that is so cute!! I need to go print my image out now... :)

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

oh my is this ever adorable and you have him looking even happier surrounded by all the fabulous papers, snowflakes and snow......brrrrr!


Have a wonderful weekend.

enjoy *~*

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Oh my goodness is this ever ADORABLE!! I love these snowmen and you've showed it off beautifully hun!! :) I am SOOO sorry about not getting my sneak peeks out...I just can't seem to catch enough hours in the day anymore!! LOL!! BIG HUGS

Crissy Armstrong said...

What a whimsical snowman! So cute! And I love your coloring of him and the soft colors of the card! I love how it sparkles!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Oooooooooh...this is absolutely GORGEOUS!! the image is so sweet! and I LOVE the sparkles!

Debby said...

I love rain. I love these snowmen too. Too fun!