Saturday, October 31, 2009

Something old and something new

Good morning everyone and happy Halloween! Have you got your candy bought? I still need to get to the store to buy some, but I am waiting until the last minute so I have less time to eat it myself!

Today I have a card that uses one of the recently released images from Squigglefly called Littlest Christmas Elf by Cheryl Alger and I've paired it with one of the images that will be released tomorrow. Can you pick out the new image?


(click to enlarge)

It's the Happy Holidays sentiment! Nina Brackett has done a whole slew of wonderful sentiments that I just love! I colored the letters in the word Happy with an R14 red copic marker.

The elf image is colored with copic markers and colored pencils. I chalked the sky and grass. I added diamond dust to his hat and pant cuffs, and gold glitter to the jingle bells on his collar and hat.

Both the elf and sentiment were die cut and then embossed with a nestabilties. The background papers are from a holiday pad of Debbie Mumm designs that my dear friend Rhonda sent me. I just love the papers in that pad! Thank you Rhonda!

I am working on another little tutorial for you that I think you will all like, so hopefully I will finish that up today and have it ready for you tomorrow along with the new releases! I just can't wait for you to all see the new images! There are two new artists joining Squigglefly this month! Robin Wilis and Jane Beljo are the two very talented ladies whose designs you will get to see tomorrow! You are going to LOVE their designs!

The rain has ended here and it looks to be a pretty day today, so I'm going to try to finish up this tutorial and get Riley out for a bit. I hope you have a wonderful day, and a fun Halloween! Don't forget to set your clocks back tonight, and thanks for looking!

14 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wonderful card - tho' his expression is a little sad???

can't wait for the release OR your tutorial. i FINALLY got my styrofoam balls and will be making my holly soft!

have a super halloween.

hugs,

msfreida said...

Well I wish I had waited to buy the Halloween candy! I think I have eaten half the dang Snickers bag! :(

Holly, this card is one of the most adorable Christmas cards I've seen! LOOK at that elf!!! Cheryl really is sooo talented and I LOVE how you colored him...check out those highlights! OHHH! :) And OMGosh the sentiment...I LOVE THOSE FONTS! FABULOUS job, Nina! Looks like I will be googling 'Debbie Mumm" because I MUST get my hands on these DPs! My "want" list is growing faster than my grass and after tomorrow, when the new releases come out, I will be in DEEP trouble!

Have a Spooktacular Halloween everyone and watch out for those Boooo-bies!
Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

TEEHEE!! This is just ADORABLE!! I love the big ears on him!! Beautiful coloring with this Holly!!HUGS

bumblebee creations said...

Holly what a gorgeous card! I love the papers you picked for this super cute elf! cant wait to see the new sentiments/images tomorrow!!! You are welcome for the papers, it is the least I could do, for a friend as great as you! Thanks for being a great friend!!

Jeanette said...

Really really cute. I love the sparkles and the background paper is perfect.

Jeanette

Betty aka ZacksNana said...

Love the littlest elf! too cute!

Hubs bought candy last night and I tore in to one bag right away. Whoppers and Milk Duds... I love chocolate! Happy Halloween!!!

Vicki said...

Happy Halloween to you too Holly!! Oh he is soooo darn cute that little elf...and such a big candy cane for a little guy....maybe that sad fact that Stef saw was just the stress of lifting that huge candy cane!!! LOL. Great job on your coloring and layout Holly...you always do a superb job.

HUGS,
Vicki

Crissy Armstrong said...

Fantastic work, Holly! The glitter on his trim looks amazingly realistic! Great coloring and highlighting too!

Janet said...

such an amazing card! love it:)
hugs

Pam in Ar. said...

Trick or Treat....Happy Halloween everyone!

It is a beautiful day here Holly..hope Riley gets some outside time today :)

Love the elf! Those pointy ears are too cute. As usual, your coloring is beautiful! Christmas is going to be here before we know it!! Thanks for sharing....

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hahahahaha...love it!! what a fun card! and your coloring is beautiful!!

Kim said...

wonderful card Holly! Love the image and how you colored it. Great DP!!!

Emma said...

Gorgeous...I love the image and papers.
Hugs Emma x

Debby said...

I was eyeing this guy the other day! Love them elves. Fun and cute. and sort of mischevious looking. gotta love it.