Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wart's Up?

I'll tell you one thing that's up and that is some awesome blog candy that Chris Olsen aka glowbug has on her blog in celebration of her birthday. Just look at what you can win




Are those not some awesome prizes?!

Today I have a card that's a little different from my usual card.



(click to enlarge)

I die cut some flowers with a provocraft flower die and then stuck them down on the card so they were touching each other to make my own laser cut card look.

I used the Lunch On The Fly image and colored it with copic markers. The little diamond shape behind the frog was embossed with a fiskars texture sheet. I added a little bit of stickles to the fly. I think if flies were glittered in real life we probably wouldn't swat them!

My words were printed with my computer directly on to the designer paper. I like the way the flowers look at the bottom though. It adds texture and quite a bit of interest don't you think?

Remember yesterday I told you I got some of the impressabilities from Spellbinders at Hobby Lobby? Well last night I embossed a piece of cardstock just to see how it looked. I got a nice, deep impression


(click to enlarge)

I haven't made anything with it yet, but I really do like the way they work and I like that they are large enough to cover the whole front of an A2 sized card. You can also keep the metal sheet on the cardstock and add some color to the cardstock like this



And you can also ink up a brayer, run it all over the metal sheet and then place some cardstock on it, run it through the cuddlebug, and get a letterpress effect like this



This particular impressability pattern is called flowers. Maybe I'll have something using these sheets to show you tomorrow!

Were you able to take advantage of the 10% off sale at Squigglefly yesterday? Things are really cooking at Squigglefly! They're gearing up for a super huge release on October 17th. We are planning some challenges with lots of prizes to be won. I can tell you that the artists are working hard to surprise you with some fabulous images and another brand new artist will be making her debut then too, so you do not want to miss that!

I urge you to sign up for the newsletter if you haven't already so you can be sure not to miss it. Plus you'll get some peeks at the new images before they're released! Just enter your e mail at the top right of the Squigglefly home page and sign up!

Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

treesawardincrafts said...

That card is brilliant, I love the frog. I forgot that I have it and now that you have reminded me, I shall dig him out to use. Thanks for the tutorial too.

msfreida said...

WOW! I LOVE this one! Your "laser cut" looks fabulous! I have been wondering how the impressability compared to the CB folders as far as size...glad to know they will fit a card front! Thanks for your awesome tips on using a brayer over them...this looks AWESOME! Hmmm, glad HL has a coupon this week!

Hugs~

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly, your creation is just adorable!! Love the layout and wow...what an awesome idea!! Love those laser cuts. You're always full of something fun!! ;) TFS! HUGS

Heather the Mooselover said...

Great blog post title. I really like your frog card.

The pattern really embossed deeply. Do you have a machine?

Vicki said...

Holly I love this card! The sentiment just cracked me up! You are so good at coming up with them! This card touches my senses...I love "touchy" cards...with the flowers and embossing...cool. Like what you did with the impressabilities too...I didn't make it to HL yet...but hope to soon! Have a great day Holly!

xoxoxo
Vicki

Pam in Ar. said...

LOL...you can tell that frog is being just as still as he can be waiting and watching that little fly! Anytime now, his tongue is going to zip out of his mouth and eat him for dinner!

Love the flowers and love the cute little frog =)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

love the card! and wowza on the impress!!!! wow! and thank you so much for sharing.

hugs,

Carole RB said...

Hi Holly
Your card is fantastic.

Rachel said...

Holly, what a cute card!! thanks for sharing about the impressability, i've often wondered about those, now i know. very cool. thanks so much.
hugs,
Rachel

bumblebee creations said...

an adorable card Holly!!! I love your new impressibility die!!! Gorgeous!!! I can't wait for the 17th! Nothing like wishing the time away, huh?!!!

Jeanette said...

Holly, I love your very creative and detailed card. Please make more of these.

The Impressabilities are fabulous. Thanks for the mini tutorial, too. Wish I had some. Ahh, maybe someday.

Jeanette

Kim said...

I LOVE your card! the flowers really do look like the laser cut papers! Very cool!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Thanks for sharing the candy!! Your card is incredible Holly. Love the flowers and design!! Your use of the impressabilities is outstanding. Mine is still unused in the package. I will have to use it now!!

hugs,
Chris

Maria Matter said...

lol, if flies were sparkly, we'd use them on our cards!
What a fun card Holly, I love the laser cut look...are you always this brilliant?!!!!
Thanks for sharing your experience with the impressabilities! Some pretty cool looking effects! CAn't wait to see what you do with them!
have a great day!
blessings, Maria

Debby said...

Froggy cute! Me like Froggy! I don't have any impresswhatevers. I needs to gets me one or two. How fun.