Thursday, October 15, 2009

When All Else Fails

Good morning everyone! Are you enjoying the sneak peeks of the new images so far? Well, there are a LOT more to see! Also, don't forget to go look for the hidden button on the Squigglefly site for a chance to win! Once you find the button, just come back here and leave a comment telling me where you found it. That's all there is to it! The button you're looking for is this one



In fact the button is a blinkie andyou can see it on the left hand side of my blog blinking it's little heart out! LOL! You can grab it and put it on your blog to help spread the word about Squigglefly!

I have a cute card to show you today. This one uses a brand new image drawn by Chesney Young called No Peking. I think it's just the cutest little puppy!


(click to enlarge)

I colored it with copic markers and did a little bit of chalking on the background. the sentiment was printed out directly on to the designer paper. It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but the card base is embossed with a Quick Kutz embossing folder called lines and dots.

I printed this image twice and cut the head out of one to pop up over the main image. Here's a close up so you can see the dimension better



I colored a couple of bridal flowers from Michael's with a pink copic and used some yellow rain dots in the flower centers.

Be sure to check out the Design Team's blogs today to see more sneak peeks, and the images will be available on Saturday! I hope your day is absolutely fantastic, and thanks for looking!

19 comments:

msfreida said...

What a cutie! Chesney just amazes me...LOVE how her mind works! This is adorable! And oh I love your design here! The colors are yummy and of course your coloring is fabulous! So you go to the bridal section too! It's amazing what you can find there!

Your blinkie almost makes me want a blog just so I could use it! IT'S ADORABLE! :)

Hugs~

Vicki said...

AWWWW Holly this is so sweet...what a nice image too! Coloring is superb as always! And what a cool idea about coloring the flowers with your copics...I have been looking for that darn hidden button to no avail!! You guys hid it good! BUT, I am gonna keep looking! Hope your day is great as well.
HUGS,
Vicki

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

ohhhhhh how cute! even reading your post i'm going.... ooooooooh how cute! and you present it so fabulously! oooooooh how cute!

hugs,

Pam in Ar. said...

I agree with msfreida..I like your blinkie too =)

The Bashful Puppy comes to mind when I saw your card...she's a cutie...lovin' the new designs =)

Rachel said...

Oh how adorable Holly!! very cute!
hugs,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Ok i found it on page 2 under the people section. It only took me three hours. LOL Diana

bumblebee creations said...

what a super cute puppy!!! And card too Holly!!! : )
I will look again for the blinkie-I must be looking right at it!

treesawardincrafts said...

What a smashing image, I love how you have decoupaged it to make it "pop" it works well.

Sharon said...

I finally found it. pg 2 of people images on the top. Who ho I found it.

watchlady said...

oh oh oh... I found it! :)
The button was on page 2 in the people catergory!
Love your recent posted cards!
Mary

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

AWWW!!! How stinkin' cute is this little guy!! She's done a brilliant job of making such an adorable pet!! :) Love the pop out dimension you gave the pup and your sentiment is just PERFECT!! Very cool Holly!! HUGS

Jenny said...

Hi, Holly!
Not sure if we can play or not but I wanted to try to find it. I did! :) It's on page 2 of people.
Jenny

Debby said...

No peking like the duck? Or no peeking? Whatever, it all works and this is so so so dang adorable. And! I love what you did with it and I hug my doggies ALL the time. They make me feel so much better.

Anonymous said...

I say the Squigglefly blinkie is only on your blog "GIRL" on the left side of your page.
thanks for the chance to win.

Joanne C

jan farnworth said...

okay after much looking i went back thru i must of missed a page when i went thru the first time. It on the people section page 2

Debbie said...

Hi Holly I just love this cute little dog.and all the new images i have been seeing along the blog hop,I have found the button on page 2 of the people images,
Hugs Debbie x

Dragonlady said...

Hi Holly

Gorgeous card and love your colouring.

The blinkie is on page 2 of the People section of the SF site.

Fingers crossed!!

Ali x

TrishG said...

What a cute puppy image and I love the way you popped it up.
Cute colors too.

Heather the Mooselover said...

So I'm hopelessly behind ;)

I love how you manipulated the sentiment.