Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Witch Is Back, And She Wants Chocolate

Good morning to you all! I am running late this morning. It is pouring outside and I guess the sound of the rain just lulled me back to sleep after I turned off my alarm clock because the next thing I knew I had over slept by an hour and a half!
Well, there was no walking with Riley this morning in this downpour, so I sat here having my coffee and I looked at the weather map and saw that it is pretty much going to pour buckets all day long. Since I work for a construction company I know there will be absolutely NOTHING going on all day, so I called my boss and said it looked like a good day for me to take a day's vacation and he agreed!

I plan to use the time today making cards for the sneak peeks that start tomorrow! Can't wait to get my fingers coloring on them! Before I do that though, I need to show you the card I made for the Squigglefly challenge this week


(click to enlarge)

Kim challenged everyone to make a Halloween card using black, orange, and purple with an embellishment of a spider, bat, or crow. I used the freebie Witch image that Lynne Stansbery offered to us all and colored her with copic markers. I colored her hair reddish orange so I guess that counts as using orange! My designer paper is purple with black swirls and I have a little black bat in the corner.

My words are computer generated, and then I doodled some circles and highlighted the word chocolate. I'm giving away a brand new Spellbinders Impressability to one lucky person who enters this challenge and leaves me a comment with a link to their card on this post. It can't get any easier than this, and you've got all week long!

This card also qualifies for the Digital Tuesday Challenge which is to make a Halloween card and use a digital image!

Okay, I need to scoot and make some cards for this week! I hope you have a super great day and as always, thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

ooooo, taking a day to relax and color...sounds good!

This is a terrific halloween card, the sentiment is perfect....and at times true (in our house!) lol

Enjoy your day!
blessings, Maria

msfreida said...

OHHH this is FABULOUS! Love how you colored her...especially your blending on her hat! Her orange hair really grabs your attention! AWESOME job! Your sentiment is so clever and I love how you graduated the circles...sooo creative!

Hope you enjoy your day! If y'all are to get buckets, that means we will gets tubs! I'm in such need of some natural vitamin D! Be careful out there!

Hugs~

bumblebee creations said...

love your card Holly! Hope you have a wonderful day today all to yourself!

Becky Sorensen said...

This is awesome!! I love it. This is kind of how our house is, my second car is a broom and we have a sign in our living room that says Beware of low flying witches - this is up all year long!! My wonderful husband and kids got it for me a few years back!! LOL
Love the coloring, it is just perfect!

coldwaters2 said...

This is brilliant Holly and is probably the most scariest I have seen so far lol I love the image and your design thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday this week.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Pam in Ar. said...

I so agree..it was a good day to turn off the alarm! Unfortunately, that was not in my cards today so it was off to work! We tip toed through the raindrops lol.

Looking at the card, I thought are you a good witch or a bad witch? The smile gives her away...she's good =) especially with chocolate.

Great card Holly...hope you got a lot done today....

Linda L said...

Hi Holly, I love your card! I am so glad that you used this witch. I am going to post the card I made with her and I couldn't remember where she came from. Getting old is no fun! My witch is hidden and you have to pull her hat. I hope you get a chance to take a look at her. I would love to win the Spellbinders Impressability. I am headed to my blog to post her now. I'll stop back to leave a link.
Thanks for all the kind words on my cards.
Hugs,
Linda

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

she can keep her chocolate if she gives me back my CAKE!!!! LOL.

too cool - as always.

hugs,

Linda L said...

I am back and I just posted my card here

Debby said...

I love the rain. I light all my 3wicks and get caught up on email. Pouring here today too. Love it. Except Ruby doesn't like to get her sensitive self wet to go pee so I have to keep yelling at her. not pretty.

love your witch. dig the orange hair. reminds me of a halloween layout I did. I need to dig that out. I'm gonna go do that right now!

Debby said...

I love the rain. I light all my 3wicks and get caught up on email. Pouring here today too. Love it. Except Ruby doesn't like to get her sensitive self wet to go pee so I have to keep yelling at her. not pretty.

love your witch. dig the orange hair. reminds me of a halloween layout I did. I need to dig that out. I'm gonna go do that right now!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Awesome sentiment for your card. I am amazed that you work in addition and find time to make all your beautiful artwork.

Suzie said...

A great card, thank you for joining us at Digital Tuesday. Suzie x

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Holly!! BWHAA!! I just love it!! You always come up with the best darn sentiments!! TEE!

Sorry I've not been around lately...haven't had time for much blurfling lately...hanging head in shame...but I'm catching up with you as I always LOVE to see what you're up to!! HUGS